Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goals change games - Alex Mathie 21:03 - Oct 20 with 688 viewsGhostOfBenters

First 2 were lucky, the real worry is how our confidence dropped. But let's not get carried away. the usual Lambert out suspects are loving it but anyone with intelligence, who actually watched how it panned out, will noy get carried away. It was a bad day at the office.

We were well in control early on and took a deserved lead. Some weird luck and individual errors weren't Lambert's fault. Even Dozzell was off it tonight.

Should we have travelled and playeed same day? Dunno, but several players were not at theor best.

So many wise people with hindsight. people saying toto should've been dropped for wolf are a prime example.

one game. If it pans out similar on saturday THEN we should be worried.
Goals change games - Alex Mathie on 21:04 - Oct 20 with 672 viewspointofblue

I think anyone who loves Ipswich will be worried about tonight’s performance, whether they are pro or anti Lambert.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Goals change games - Alex Mathie on 21:07 - Oct 20 with 640 viewsDanTheMan

How was the first goal lucky? Was just bog standard poor defending and a decent finish.

Second one, yeah that was unlucky. Could be argued that Holy should have got something on it but would be harsh.

I'm way more concerned about our reaction. We could have salvaged a point but just collapsed.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2020 21:09]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Goals change games - Alex Mathie on 21:10 - Oct 20 with 608 viewsGhostOfBenters

Goals change games - Alex Mathie on 21:04 - Oct 20 by pointofblue

I think anyone who loves Ipswich will be worried about tonight’s performance, whether they are pro or anti Lambert.

I said I was worried. I didn't jump to the obvious "lambert out" bowlocks after one defeat though.

Lot of players didn't play after we went behind. That was the biggest worry for me.
Goals change games - Alex Mathie on 21:17 - Oct 20 with 580 viewsGhostOfBenters

Goals change games - Alex Mathie on 21:07 - Oct 20 by DanTheMan

How was the first goal lucky? Was just bog standard poor defending and a decent finish.

Second one, yeah that was unlucky. Could be argued that Holy should have got something on it but would be harsh.

I'm way more concerned about our reaction. We could have salvaged a point but just collapsed.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2020 21:09]

Toto ran out, won it, but a lucky deflection put it into the path of John and left Toto out of position. It can look bad but I think he got a bit unlucky there.

I agree with your last point. Our confidence looked brittle.
Goals change games - Alex Mathie on 21:28 - Oct 20 with 545 viewsSouperJim

Weird game, I agree with you that there was a slice of luck in both their first half goals. What worries me is we looked brittle in the face of adversity, which makes you wonder if we've actually moved on from last season.

The way we've played over the first 6 games suggested we had, deservedly beating sides with scorelines that didn't flatter our performances like last season. But this is just about the first stern test and regardless of the way their goals went in, we were found wanting.

Let's just hope that the team learn from this and the next time the chips are down we pull our socks up rather than have a wobble. It's too early to say this proves we're still merely flat track bullies, but it does give cause for concern.

Oh and don't let the Lambert out blubbers grind you down. It's much healthier to be an optimist and want the best for ITFC

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Goals change games - Alex Mathie on 21:31 - Oct 20 with 526 viewsGhostOfBenters

Goals change games - Alex Mathie on 21:28 - Oct 20 by SouperJim

Weird game, I agree with you that there was a slice of luck in both their first half goals. What worries me is we looked brittle in the face of adversity, which makes you wonder if we've actually moved on from last season.

The way we've played over the first 6 games suggested we had, deservedly beating sides with scorelines that didn't flatter our performances like last season. But this is just about the first stern test and regardless of the way their goals went in, we were found wanting.

Let's just hope that the team learn from this and the next time the chips are down we pull our socks up rather than have a wobble. It's too early to say this proves we're still merely flat track bullies, but it does give cause for concern.

Oh and don't let the Lambert out blubbers grind you down. It's much healthier to be an optimist and want the best for ITFC

Agree with everything you've said there. Hard to find a sensible view on here, but there are a few!
Goals change games - Alex Mathie on 21:33 - Oct 20 with 517 viewspointofblue

Goals change games - Alex Mathie on 21:10 - Oct 20 by GhostOfBenters

I said I was worried. I didn't jump to the obvious "lambert out" bowlocks after one defeat though.

Lot of players didn't play after we went behind. That was the biggest worry for me.

I agree, I wouldn’t say Lambert out yet but the complete drop in confidence after the second goal is very worrying. The first time we’ve gone behind this season and we didn’t seem able to deal with it.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024