Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The lead up to lockdowns 22:05 - Nov 3 with 493 viewsStokieBlue

I popped out at half-time when all was good and the ref seemed acceptable and every restaurant I went past was either full or had people queuing outside.

Why is there a 5 day lead up to lockdowns? I understand the need for people to get things in order but so long gives people time to make sure they meet up, probably multiple times with different groups of people. It was nearly as busy as the eat out scheme.

I mean there were 397 deaths today and I don't see how having everywhere rammed with people is going to help that.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

The lead up to lockdowns on 22:13 - Nov 3 with 451 viewsHARRY10

The lockdown is not intended to reduce deaths - it is about reducing hospital admissions

On the simple basis that the NHS has only so much capacity, and so needs to keep the levels if admissions to a manageable amount,

As to what you highlight then that is pretty much par for the course - shown by the fact six people can walk their dog across a golf course, but two cannot play a round of golf.

An easy explanation can be found by checking who is the current P,.
The lead up to lockdowns on 22:17 - Nov 3 with 422 viewsStokieBlue

The lead up to lockdowns on 22:13 - Nov 3 by HARRY10

The lockdown is not intended to reduce deaths - it is about reducing hospital admissions

On the simple basis that the NHS has only so much capacity, and so needs to keep the levels if admissions to a manageable amount,

As to what you highlight then that is pretty much par for the course - shown by the fact six people can walk their dog across a golf course, but two cannot play a round of golf.

An easy explanation can be found by checking who is the current P,.

Deaths are function of hospital admissions which are a function of infections. The point is that if everyone bundles out to restaurants at the same time and is packed in and queueing then the vectors for infections increase which given they are all part of the same function will lead to more hospitalisations and then deaths.

If they were closed immediately that is 5 days of increasing vectors which are closed off.

"As to what you highlight then that is pretty much par for the course - shown by the fact six people can walk their dog across a golf course, but two cannot play a round of golf."

I don't believe this is actually true but I agree the government are all over the show. Gove constantly gets it wrong and then people miss the corrections.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024