Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No Pressure Marcus... 08:21 - Nov 25 with 271 viewsblueboyd

Marcus Evans is literally under no pressure at all from anyone to do any better than he is. Under his ownership we have gone from play-off contenders to mid-league one standard and show no signs of improving, in fact more signs of getting worse as time passes.

We have a core support that lives and breaths blue and will always support, it is evident that even in this pandemic over 9,000 supporters renewed their season tickets knowing it could be months before they would see a ball kicked - Some will say they did it to support the club and to help keep it afloat but I would say a large proportion of support just did it because they have always done it, it is a huge part of their life and nothing will ever change, they will support whatever happens.

Are we our own worst enemies in all this? I want Lambert gone but no doubt any future appointment from our useless Owner and his useless sidekick/mouthpiece would also fail miserably. We need to somehow get the message through to the club that we are sick of the downfall ITFC has suffered and decisions HE has made have put us where we are.

How do we do this? I remember there was a protest group being planned from the Ipswich Fanzone lot, just before they were erm... lets just say closed down and silenced by a higher power. A lot of what the guy said who was behind it made sense and I wonder if this is the way to go, a small group who are willing to make a lot of noise.

Failing that I do not see how we can get any message through to the club that we are sick to death of watching our club die season after season. We have literally got worse and worse and worse under ME's ownership however much money he puts into the club.

He is the problem, it is his house that is falling down. His house just happens to be one that we have all owned in our hearts before Evans even had the bright idea to try his hand at owning (ruining) a football club.
No Pressure Marcus... on 08:39 - Nov 25 with 233 viewsRegencyBlue

Couldn’t agree more!

The Marcus Evans years have been a disaster for this club and no amount of spin by his supporters can disguise that fact. It is a train wreck of mega proportions and Evans is the one constant in all of it!
No Pressure Marcus... on 08:44 - Nov 25 with 205 viewsMonkeyAlan

No Pressure Marcus... on 08:39 - Nov 25 by RegencyBlue

Couldn’t agree more!

The Marcus Evans years have been a disaster for this club and no amount of spin by his supporters can disguise that fact. It is a train wreck of mega proportions and Evans is the one constant in all of it!

Evans may keep us afloat but year on year we decline further under his ownership. How much further we decline is a real concern. He clearly isnt interested. Mind you, looking at some of the players nor do they either.
No Pressure Marcus... on 08:51 - Nov 25 with 189 viewsRegencyBlue

No Pressure Marcus... on 08:44 - Nov 25 by MonkeyAlan

Evans may keep us afloat but year on year we decline further under his ownership. How much further we decline is a real concern. He clearly isnt interested. Mind you, looking at some of the players nor do they either.

That attitude comes from the top though.

Evans was happy for us to be a very average Championship side. He now seems happy for us to be a very average League 1 side. If he obviously can’t be bothered why should anyone else at the club!
No Pressure Marcus... on 08:54 - Nov 25 with 184 viewsMonkeyAlan

No Pressure Marcus... on 08:51 - Nov 25 by RegencyBlue

That attitude comes from the top though.

Evans was happy for us to be a very average Championship side. He now seems happy for us to be a very average League 1 side. If he obviously can’t be bothered why should anyone else at the club!

Trouble is, how long before he is happy for us to be a very average league 2 side?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024