Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ballot winners. 19:39 - Dec 12 with 1812 viewsFrimleyBlue

How was your day. Genuine question with all the safety requirements. Happy to go again or rather wait until back to normal.

I personally couldn't imagine a football day without the bars. Food. Friends etc.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Ballot winners. on 19:55 - Dec 12 with 1762 viewsborge

Putting aside the actual football, it was fine.

It didn't take long to get in, everything was easy to follow and well organised. The majority stayed in their seats at half time but there was no obligation to do so.

Had the game been decent I think the atmosphere would also have been reasonable - there were brief periods of chanting at the start where it was quite surprising how much noise was being made.....died off very soon after kick off though. It felt a bit 'hollow' from a crowd perspective, but perhaps not as much as you might think. If we move into tier one at some point, I think having 4,000 fans in there would make all the difference.

Exit was well organised, albeit some people couldn't follow basic instructions.

Possibly the strangest thing was lack of away fans, followed closely by the bars being shut.

Nice to see familiar faces too.

Based on the safety aspects alone I would have no hesitation in going again.....the football not so much.
Ballot winners. on 20:13 - Dec 12 with 1666 viewspennyfathersleg

I was excited before the game. It was great getting into the stadium - temp check, checked in on NHS app was all very simple. My seat was directly behind someone else which was odd as there were loads of empty seats in the row and behind my me. I did move back a row in the end. I went to the toilet fine at half time. Getting out was really simple too.

However, the day was massively soured by the utter dross that was served up on the pitch. It ended up being quite a bad atmosphere. I’m not sure I’ll enter anymore ballots as I felt totally let down in the end and didn’t enjoy myself.
Ballot winners. on 20:32 - Dec 12 with 1612 viewslongtimefan

Ballot winners. on 19:55 - Dec 12 by borge

Putting aside the actual football, it was fine.

It didn't take long to get in, everything was easy to follow and well organised. The majority stayed in their seats at half time but there was no obligation to do so.

Had the game been decent I think the atmosphere would also have been reasonable - there were brief periods of chanting at the start where it was quite surprising how much noise was being made.....died off very soon after kick off though. It felt a bit 'hollow' from a crowd perspective, but perhaps not as much as you might think. If we move into tier one at some point, I think having 4,000 fans in there would make all the difference.

Exit was well organised, albeit some people couldn't follow basic instructions.

Possibly the strangest thing was lack of away fans, followed closely by the bars being shut.

Nice to see familiar faces too.

Based on the safety aspects alone I would have no hesitation in going again.....the football not so much.

I thought it was all organised well bar the exit at the end. Seemed to be that people were leaving when they felt like it, despite being told to remain in their seats over the sound system. The stewards near us (Sir Alf Lower) seemed to have no idea and just stood and watched as people left from all over, without challenging them at all. Wasn’t really a problem for me as we just remained seated until it emptied around us, but it wasn’t very well policed.
Ballot winners. on 21:49 - Dec 12 with 1438 viewscooperd5

Ballot winners. on 20:32 - Dec 12 by longtimefan

I thought it was all organised well bar the exit at the end. Seemed to be that people were leaving when they felt like it, despite being told to remain in their seats over the sound system. The stewards near us (Sir Alf Lower) seemed to have no idea and just stood and watched as people left from all over, without challenging them at all. Wasn’t really a problem for me as we just remained seated until it emptied around us, but it wasn’t very well policed.

I asked if we could just leave and steward not bothered.
Whilst nice to get to a game, I’m not going again, cancelled ST and will return if/when Lambert has gone. An utterly dull game from us.
Ballot winners. on 21:54 - Dec 12 with 1407 viewslazyblue

Ballot winners. on 21:49 - Dec 12 by cooperd5

I asked if we could just leave and steward not bothered.
Whilst nice to get to a game, I’m not going again, cancelled ST and will return if/when Lambert has gone. An utterly dull game from us.

So if town did get promoted say next year with Lambert you still would not go?
Ballot winners. on 22:33 - Dec 12 with 1307 viewsRedWhiteAndBLUE

I thought it was well organised, the atmosphere was good until the second Portsmouth goal, then it turned negative for very obvious reasons.

It was strange not being able to buy a drink before the game as well. Personally I enjoyed the day, as I go with my daughter (who is mildly autistic and has become more withdrawn during the lockdown). Going to the football is one of the few times she actually talks a lot and we learn a bit more about what is going on with her.

Don't get me started about the cr@p football though......
Ballot winners. on 22:37 - Dec 12 with 1287 viewsIpswichKnight

As I drove not having a drink wasn’t a problem. Got a chance to boo the fraud as he left before they cleared the top tier of the co-op. No social distancing on the stairs on the way out mind.
Ballot winners. on 23:46 - Dec 12 with 1160 viewsEdmundo

Ballot winners. on 22:37 - Dec 12 by IpswichKnight

As I drove not having a drink wasn’t a problem. Got a chance to boo the fraud as he left before they cleared the top tier of the co-op. No social distancing on the stairs on the way out mind.

Don't think the club can do much about fans on stairs, but it cleared so quickly that it felt easier than a normal match day. Stewards were good, given it was their first time. And didn't mind the shouting and occasional moments of standing (though not for anything positive on the pitch).

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

Login to get fewer ads

Ballot winners. on 00:14 - Dec 13 with 1114 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Executive box holders seemed to have tipped up extraordinarily lucky to me.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Ballot winners. on 08:41 - Dec 13 with 867 viewscooperd5

Ballot winners. on 21:54 - Dec 12 by lazyblue

So if town did get promoted say next year with Lambert you still would not go?

No.

It will most likely not happen as I don't see the way forward for Lambert. The squad is good enough but he isn't. It needs someone to gel the team and coach the improvements but I don't see it with him.

If however, miracles happen then I will reconsider. Maybe...
[Post edited 13 Dec 2020 9:06]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024