Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone ever built a website on Weebly or know much about using website builders? 14:11 - Mar 3 with 417 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Weebly's amazingly easy to use but they have sod-all customer service.

I bought a Pro plan, along with a domain name, and have roughly built and published a website, but it's not showing. Their help forms tell you loads if your domain name's hosted somewhere else - stuff about changing your DNS settings - but nothing much about what you do if Weebly is your host. Do I still need to fix my DNS settings or is that not an issue when both the website and domain name are hosted by them?

After changing your DNS settings they say your website should be live in 48 hours so maybe I just have to wait? Just trying to figure out if there's anything else to do.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Anyone ever built a website on Weebly or know much about using website builders? on 14:14 - Mar 3 with 402 viewsgiant_stow

DNS changes can take that long, but are ussually quicker. When did you make the switch?

You can use this tool: https://www.whatsmydns.net/ to check on DNS .

If it all looks like it should then maybe there's a problem at the weenly end - pm me if you want me to check it out.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Anyone ever built a website on Weebly or know much about using website builders? on 14:26 - Mar 3 with 372 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Anyone ever built a website on Weebly or know much about using website builders? on 14:14 - Mar 3 by giant_stow

DNS changes can take that long, but are ussually quicker. When did you make the switch?

You can use this tool: https://www.whatsmydns.net/ to check on DNS .

If it all looks like it should then maybe there's a problem at the weenly end - pm me if you want me to check it out.

It's ok, I fixed it. They replied on facebook chat (which seems to be the only way to contact them!) Apparently I hadn't registered my domain (I thought by buying the Pro pack and choosing my name, that was it). They gave me a link to properly register it and that fixed it. The website's working immediately, no DNS stuff required. Phew!

Cheers for the offer though Ullas.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Anyone ever built a website on Weebly or know much about using website builders? on 14:42 - Mar 3 with 352 viewsgiant_stow

Anyone ever built a website on Weebly or know much about using website builders? on 14:26 - Mar 3 by The_Flashing_Smile

It's ok, I fixed it. They replied on facebook chat (which seems to be the only way to contact them!) Apparently I hadn't registered my domain (I thought by buying the Pro pack and choosing my name, that was it). They gave me a link to properly register it and that fixed it. The website's working immediately, no DNS stuff required. Phew!

Cheers for the offer though Ullas.

Pleasure fella and glad you got it working.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024