Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Debt to new owners 15:50 - Mar 4 with 500 viewsPrice_1991

I get what people are saying when they are concerned that new owners coming in will end up with the club accruing a debt against them however if you look at most clubs they will have some sort of "debt" that is owed to the owners one team that stands out (and I know they are far bigger and have a bigger global brand than us) is Manchester United. They "owe" the Glazers around £470m however because of how the Glazers have run the club and the fact they have are a global brand means that they don't worry too much about the debt.

With this consortium being American I'm sure they will want to see some return on their investment which will mean them putting money into the club to improve both on and off the field to get us higher up the football pyramid and become an even more saleable asset. Evans hasn't run the club properly since he came in, he thought if he stuck a few million in he would get us into the prem and then sell us when that didn't happen he was stuck with us and paid the bare minimum to keep the club afloat each season.
Debt to new owners on 15:52 - Mar 4 with 476 viewsJ2BLUE

I understand people having concerns, after all, if it all goes wrong we could find ourselves in league one.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Debt to new owners on 15:54 - Mar 4 with 462 viewsSwansea_Blue

They had all these arguments when the American hedge fund took over Swansea a few years ago. OK they did end up getting relegated, but that was inevitable at some point given the size of the club. But they seem run in a very sensible and sustainable way (and are having success on the pitch as a result).

It's a gamble well worth taking imo. We don't see any of the due diligence that would have gone on, so we don't really know what the risk is. I can understand that worrying some people. We can't carry on as we are though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Debt to new owners on 15:55 - Mar 4 with 450 viewsPrice_1991

Debt to new owners on 15:52 - Mar 4 by J2BLUE

I understand people having concerns, after all, if it all goes wrong we could find ourselves in league one.

It could all go wrong but then again it could go wrong with anyone coming in. I just feel from all the news that has come out about this consortium that they know their stuff when it comes to running a football club which is something ME doesn't seem to. Read that they will want to appoint a CEO, and director of football which in todays game is a must. Football has changed from being a sport to being a business which is why it needs specific people to run clubs now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024