Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cook 10:52 - Apr 12 with 536 viewssaffers12

Could he have got better results with this team, maybe

However as I teacher at year 12 and 13 stage I often have to support students who struggled at school. They can come with a whole myriad of issues and support needs. It takes time over the 2 years to get them going in the right direction.

These players have not been coached well enough over a sustained period and to think PC can sort within weeks is unrealsitc. These players all on face value seem like good people but they lack confidence, technical ability, cohesion and identity. In some ways the club has failed them

PC and those that stay need our patience and understanding. He has mine.
Cook on 11:00 - Apr 12 with 483 viewsGavTWTD

They'll all playing for their futures though, either at this club or others. I did expect a lot more I have to say.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Cook on 11:02 - Apr 12 with 464 viewssaffers12

Cook on 11:00 - Apr 12 by GavTWTD

They'll all playing for their futures though, either at this club or others. I did expect a lot more I have to say.

I did to be honest but I think their individual and team confidence is shot to pieces.
Cook on 11:50 - Apr 12 with 397 viewspatrickswell

Cook on 11:02 - Apr 12 by saffers12

I did to be honest but I think their individual and team confidence is shot to pieces.

So many need moving on, 3 years of failure and underperformance has eroded too many of them. Can’t see any of them playing above League One level though based on standard of performance over recent years.

I put it more on the squad than Cook though. In attitude and application, he’s been the complete antithesis of Lambert and they just haven’t wanted to knòw.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2021 11:53]
Cook on 11:54 - Apr 12 with 375 viewsJammyDodgerrr

I expected better to be honest, but i don't think it can be laid at Cooks door. Imagine Lambert managing you and then checking out of the job for basically 18 months and drilling negativity into you. It would be an awful culture, and as you say things like that take time to turn around. That is why Cook is trying not to be negative in interviews. He can see it.

We need the summer badly and a huge clear out to reset everything.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024