Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
After last night performance, who would you honestly keep? 09:38 - Apr 21 with 591 viewsitfcpaul

I am actually finding it difficult to out anyone on the list of mine, yes there were a couple that were slightly better than the rest of the inept team, but seriously the only ones I can even contemplate are KVY, but his injury record makes that difficult, Downes, if he can get back t the form he showed previously and maybe at a stretch, Woolfenden, the rest I see no merit in keeping dragging them along, they have all shown they cant play the system we are going to be playing and in fact the majority have shown they cant even pass the ball in a straight line, control the ball or even on make an effort for the club

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

After last night performance, who would you honestly keep? on 09:53 - Apr 21 with 538 viewstractorshark

The problem is to ditch them all would be a huge gamble.
Everyone is understandably very angry right now but bringing in a new first-team squad relies on quality recruitment and it needs time to shape and mould.
Look at Hurst’s summer window. Yes we lost quality like Waghorn but he replaced it with a raft of lower league players who are struggling to cut it now they are back in League One.
But this is the sort of level of player we will be looking at now. We won’t attract too many from higher divisions unless they’re on loan.
A more measured change over two transfer windows makes more sense.
Obviously we need a clearout but keep the younger players with a future, Dozzell, Downes, Vincent-Young, Woolfenden etc. I’d stick with Bishop and I’d try to keep Edwards. And I’d probably give Chambers another year because last night showed what happens when you have a complete lack of leadership and experience in the team.
Right now, your stock increases the more you don’t play.
After last night performance, who would you honestly keep? on 09:58 - Apr 21 with 508 viewsstopmoaning

A bunch of the kids like El Miz, Dobra, Dozzell, Nydam etc must stay.

Then the likes of KVY, Downes, Bishop, Woolfenden - probably Norwood as he can score goals, would be his last season though I would think.

We don't need to keep Chambers because he's a leader, we just need to get a better player in that is a leader!
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 10:02]
After last night performance, who would you honestly keep? on 10:51 - Apr 21 with 442 viewstractorshark

After last night performance, who would you honestly keep? on 09:58 - Apr 21 by stopmoaning

A bunch of the kids like El Miz, Dobra, Dozzell, Nydam etc must stay.

Then the likes of KVY, Downes, Bishop, Woolfenden - probably Norwood as he can score goals, would be his last season though I would think.

We don't need to keep Chambers because he's a leader, we just need to get a better player in that is a leader!
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 10:02]

I agree we need a leader who is a better player than Chambers. Then he can be replaced.
But we have to find one.
Chambers still has a year left in him. He’s not injury prone and he’s been fairly solid alongside Nsiala and Wilson. I find it bizarre we are playing McGuinness ahead of him right now.
Leadership is not just about fist pumping and tub thumping. You organise the team.
One of the things that gets levelled at Chambers whenever there’s a goal is that he’s out of position.
As a right-back I would concede that does happen but, as a centre-back, less so. And when it does occur often it’s because he’s compensating for others being out of position themselves in the lead-up (Nsiala is very guilty of this).
Clearly age is against him and players with pace will cause him problems.
But I still believe he would be a worthwhile addition next season, even if he isn’t always a regular starter.
I would have said something similar about Skuse a few months back. We’ve missed his positional sense in midfield this season (Dozzell cannot play as a holding midfielder without significant help) but this injury seems to have taken its toll.
If you’re going to keep an older player, their fitness record has to be good and, unfortunately, we can no longer afford a squad of crocks.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024