Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It’s only youth football (U11) so results don’t matter 16:58 - May 24 with 934 viewsIllinoisblue

But watching junior’s team yesterday play as well as they’ve ever played against a very good team (who we’ve never beaten in three years of trying) lose 3-2 to a goal in the last minute is a real punch to the gut. We missed chance after chance in the second half and then of course got hit on the break with virtually the last kick of the game.

Football, bloody hell.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

It’s only youth football (U11) so results don’t matter on 17:02 - May 24 with 882 viewsMerseyBlue

If nothing else it's a pretty good life lesson - you can do everything in your power to deserve something, but you're never guaranteed it!

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

It’s only youth football (U11) so results don’t matter on 17:11 - May 24 with 849 viewsIllinoisblue

It’s only youth football (U11) so results don’t matter on 17:02 - May 24 by MerseyBlue

If nothing else it's a pretty good life lesson - you can do everything in your power to deserve something, but you're never guaranteed it!

Indeed! Half the boys were in tears at the end; good to see that they care. A couple others were bitching about the ref which we quickly stamped down on. The ref was horrendous - disallowed a ‘goal’ for us when the other team’s keeper let a shot through his legs and over the line, and turned down penalty appeal when our striker was pretty blatantly tripped up in the box - but as we told the boys, if you’d scored one of the six very good chances you created the ref wouldn’t be an issue.

Rematch in two weeks time... can’t wait.

62 - 78 - 81

It’s only youth football (U11) so results don’t matter on 19:25 - May 24 with 716 viewsBelsteadCav

Watching my two boys play, is the only football I actually enjoy.

U14s is massively different from u12s lol

King of the board since 98
Poll: Updated Poll . What would you rather win as a Sportsman

It’s only youth football (U11) so results don’t matter on 19:45 - May 24 with 677 viewsMerseyBlue

It’s only youth football (U11) so results don’t matter on 17:11 - May 24 by Illinoisblue

Indeed! Half the boys were in tears at the end; good to see that they care. A couple others were bitching about the ref which we quickly stamped down on. The ref was horrendous - disallowed a ‘goal’ for us when the other team’s keeper let a shot through his legs and over the line, and turned down penalty appeal when our striker was pretty blatantly tripped up in the box - but as we told the boys, if you’d scored one of the six very good chances you created the ref wouldn’t be an issue.

Yeah that's definitely a good sign, hopefully it'll give them some extra drive for the rematch! Good strategy re the referee, there are some absolutely woeful refs at that level but if you start using that as an excuse then games can quickly get away from you - hopefully they get some karma next time, as well as some revenge!

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

It’s only youth football (U11) so results don’t matter on 20:07 - May 24 with 633 viewsIllinoisblue

It’s only youth football (U11) so results don’t matter on 19:25 - May 24 by BelsteadCav

Watching my two boys play, is the only football I actually enjoy.

U14s is massively different from u12s lol

The various stages of physical development are interesting to observe. I’ve got kids who I’ve coached from U6 and U8 who, at that level, were outstanding players. Now a few years later they’re still skinny runts and getting knocked aside as the game passes them by with kids who have filled out dominating them. Hopefully will even out in the next few years.

62 - 78 - 81

It’s only youth football (U11) so results don’t matter on 20:10 - May 24 with 622 viewsIllinoisblue

It’s only youth football (U11) so results don’t matter on 19:45 - May 24 by MerseyBlue

Yeah that's definitely a good sign, hopefully it'll give them some extra drive for the rematch! Good strategy re the referee, there are some absolutely woeful refs at that level but if you start using that as an excuse then games can quickly get away from you - hopefully they get some karma next time, as well as some revenge!

We always teach the boys to respect the refs but my word it’s hard sometimes. To be fair, they’re mostly high school kids earning a bit of cash on the weekends. Hard to get too mad at them.

62 - 78 - 81

It’s only youth football (U11) so results don’t matter on 20:29 - May 24 with 585 viewsMerseyBlue

It’s only youth football (U11) so results don’t matter on 20:10 - May 24 by Illinoisblue

We always teach the boys to respect the refs but my word it’s hard sometimes. To be fair, they’re mostly high school kids earning a bit of cash on the weekends. Hard to get too mad at them.

Well it's definitely the right thing to do, again it's a great learning experience!

It’s only youth football (U11) so results don’t matter on 09:46 - May 25 with 436 viewsBluefields

It’s only youth football (U11) so results don’t matter on 17:11 - May 24 by Illinoisblue

Im not sure that children crying after a football match is a good thing.
Login to get fewer ads

It’s only youth football (U11) so results don’t matter on 10:00 - May 25 with 418 viewsSteve_M

Are you streaming the rematch?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

It’s only youth football (U11) so results don’t matter on 10:25 - May 25 with 391 viewsBiGDonnie

Love that. Losing in that fashion is a good thing in the long run if it's harnessed in the correct way.

Let us know the outcome of the rematch!

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

It’s only youth football (U11) so results don’t matter on 15:26 - May 25 with 306 viewsMetal_Hacker

Youth football is a superb life lesson which can go one way or the other

Loved my time coaching my two boys (a good few years ago now) and as already mentioned the obvious development in the lads between the ages of 11-14 is crazy . Summer would come and we'd not see them for a few months , we'd call training for pre-season and half of them would turn up with full grown bears (well not quite but blimey some were massive)

Yeah great life lesson and sounds as if yours are getting the correct lesson Illy - good to hear reference the ref scenario - always good to teach them respect however young they are

Good work and good luck for the re-match - can I find it on iFollow ?

Poll: If it were one or the other

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024