Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Happy Birthday to a man who, contrary to the opinion of ome, 08:53 - Jun 3 with 632 viewsKeno

did not ruin this club

Love you George!!

[Post edited 3 Jun 2021 8:54]

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Happy Birthday to a man who, contrary to the opinion of ome, on 09:22 - Jun 3 with 553 viewsChurchman

No, he didn’t ruin the club. Sheepshanks and the Board were accountable for that. He made some dreadful decisions 2001/2002 season, but before that made many good ones. His teams up to then played with style and it was a pleasure to watch them. Yes, they were a little soft at times and ultimately that possibly cost us promotion a season or two earlier, but overall I enjoyed his time.

George was a smashing player. Neat, compact, good in the tackle and could do the overlap stuff with style. Him on one side, Mills on the other and two of the big four in the middle? That’s what I call a balanced defence. He didn’t score many goals, but who can forget that 30 yard screamer at Millwall in 1978 which ended the game almost before it began.

Thee aren’t too many people that have served ITFC better than GB over the years. I wish he had some involvement with the club now. It’d be the better for it.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2021 9:23]
Happy Birthday to a man who, contrary to the opinion of ome, on 12:57 - Jun 3 with 454 viewsrfretwell

Happy Birthday to a man who, contrary to the opinion of ome, on 09:22 - Jun 3 by Churchman

No, he didn’t ruin the club. Sheepshanks and the Board were accountable for that. He made some dreadful decisions 2001/2002 season, but before that made many good ones. His teams up to then played with style and it was a pleasure to watch them. Yes, they were a little soft at times and ultimately that possibly cost us promotion a season or two earlier, but overall I enjoyed his time.

George was a smashing player. Neat, compact, good in the tackle and could do the overlap stuff with style. Him on one side, Mills on the other and two of the big four in the middle? That’s what I call a balanced defence. He didn’t score many goals, but who can forget that 30 yard screamer at Millwall in 1978 which ended the game almost before it began.

Thee aren’t too many people that have served ITFC better than GB over the years. I wish he had some involvement with the club now. It’d be the better for it.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GEORGE! So many great memories of his playing and managing times at PR. I can still see that 30 yarder at Millwall in my minds eye Churchman. He assembled a hugely entertaining promotion winning team even if it didnt kick on partly due to an injury ravaged Finidi George.
(No subject) (n/t) on 12:57 - Jun 3 with 454 viewsrfretwell

Happy Birthday to a man who, contrary to the opinion of ome, on 09:22 - Jun 3 by Churchman

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024