Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stompbox Enclosure Customisation 07:59 - Aug 22 with 591 viewsJeff_winger

Hi Guys
Maybe a long shot on an ITFC forum, but we are such a varied group of supporters, I figure maybe my luck is in.

Does anyone build their own guitar FX Stompboxes? or have much interest in them.

I am thinking of ploughing my life savings into a new business venture, before I do so would like some feedback, I have a quick survey below, dont suppose any one who makes stompboxes fancies completing it, its super quick

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/5YFFTQT

Thanks
Stompbox Enclosure Customisation on 08:18 - Aug 22 with 541 viewsMullet

I’ve answered for you as best I can. I don’t build anything and basically own Boss pedals and use my vox multi fx so I’m probably not much help.

I’ve been researching guitars loads this year, and spending far too much time on them. One thing is brand recognition and how fussy most guitar types seem to be.

Is it something you could do evening and weekends and see what kind of sales and feedback you get? There does seem to be a fair amount of competition, which might be worth considering. Is there anything you can offer that’s niche? Eg the pedal boards too or something else like a Moonpig for pedals where people get sentimental stuff as presents if that makes sense?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Stompbox Enclosure Customisation on 08:34 - Aug 22 with 505 viewsJeff_winger

Stompbox Enclosure Customisation on 08:18 - Aug 22 by Mullet

I’ve answered for you as best I can. I don’t build anything and basically own Boss pedals and use my vox multi fx so I’m probably not much help.

I’ve been researching guitars loads this year, and spending far too much time on them. One thing is brand recognition and how fussy most guitar types seem to be.

Is it something you could do evening and weekends and see what kind of sales and feedback you get? There does seem to be a fair amount of competition, which might be worth considering. Is there anything you can offer that’s niche? Eg the pedal boards too or something else like a Moonpig for pedals where people get sentimental stuff as presents if that makes sense?

Hey Mullet
Thanks for feedback, not sure if I could do it on the side, possibly could.
I could also offer other services as I would have a CNC mill and digital printer so not all eggs are in stompbox market but was my main target.

I currently work for an electronic enclosure distributor so it's an industry I know.
I do have an idea for pedal boards, where I could create a ski boot type clip for pedals, so they can be easily taken on and off, get rid of double sided tape or velcro?
Stompbox Enclosure Customisation on 08:40 - Aug 22 with 494 viewsMullet

Stompbox Enclosure Customisation on 08:34 - Aug 22 by Jeff_winger

Hey Mullet
Thanks for feedback, not sure if I could do it on the side, possibly could.
I could also offer other services as I would have a CNC mill and digital printer so not all eggs are in stompbox market but was my main target.

I currently work for an electronic enclosure distributor so it's an industry I know.
I do have an idea for pedal boards, where I could create a ski boot type clip for pedals, so they can be easily taken on and off, get rid of double sided tape or velcro?

Makes sense. I’ve noticed a lot of new custom guitar builders popping up over lockdown and they seem to range from people assembling kits and charging £1k up to people doing it properly. So I just wondered if it’s the same for pedals?

Sounds like you have some good ideas there, have any pros or trade types taken an interest? I reckon if you get a YouTube following as you demonstrate your work it’d help too. All I can offer is encouragement I guess.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024