Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Turkey shortage ? 00:37 - Sep 27 with 790 viewsHARRY10

With 79 million turkeys about to join the EU (Farage et al) there should be no shortage come Xmas - and their visas will all expire on Christmas Eve, at the latest, as well.

Now out of the EU, the UK can scrap their oppressive rules and regulations and allow anyone who wants to, to drive a lorry - providing they hold a provisional licence as a minimum. And the governments 'drive 'til you drop' campaign will see lorries on the road for far longer.

Abandoned festival tents will be set up next to fields in East Anglia to allow red wall brexiteers to join the great 'pick for Britain'* campaign, to ensure there are sprouts a' plenty come the festive day (that should get the wind farms going eh folks, Boris).

And to keep down the (ever rising) costs, folk will be able to buy meat direct from the farms - though they will need to slaughter the animals once they have got them home. Instructions can be found on youtube (in Polish).

Boris Johnson - a man of ideas and action, eventually

* another of Johnsons bright ideas - I wonder what happened to that ?
[Post edited 27 Sep 2021 10:26]
Turkey shortage ? on 08:09 - Sep 27 with 610 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Somebody needs to 'save Christmas ' (again)

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Turkey shortage ? on 08:13 - Sep 27 with 603 viewsbluelagos

Turkey shortage ? on 08:09 - Sep 27 by BanksterDebtSlave

Somebody needs to 'save Christmas ' (again)

Again? Last year Boris the Grinch stole Christmas!

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Turkey shortage ? on 08:14 - Sep 27 with 601 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Turkey shortage ? on 08:13 - Sep 27 by bluelagos

Again? Last year Boris the Grinch stole Christmas!

Yes but they were promising to save it...I am sure this year they will succeed even more!

Turkey shortage ? on 08:20 - Sep 27 with 589 viewsbluelagos

Turkey shortage ? on 08:14 - Sep 27 by BanksterDebtSlave

Yes but they were promising to save it...I am sure this year they will succeed even more!

This winter is shaping up to be a bit of a clusterfck...

On a selfish level I am just a 30 min drive to Harwich so thinking I could always do some border runs. #armageddon

Turkey shortage ? on 08:25 - Sep 27 with 572 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Turkey shortage ? on 08:20 - Sep 27 by bluelagos

This winter is shaping up to be a bit of a clusterfck...

On a selfish level I am just a 30 min drive to Harwich so thinking I could always do some border runs. #armageddon

You think things will be better over in Essex?

Turkey shortage ? on 08:31 - Sep 27 with 559 viewsbluelagos

Turkey shortage ? on 08:25 - Sep 27 by BanksterDebtSlave

You think things will be better over in Essex?

Nah, but I reckon Holland should have petrol and Turkeys. Fill up on both and I reckon I could make a killing. Expect to see me selling dutch Turkeys outside Portman Rd the week before crimbo 😂

Or not.

Turkey shortage ? on 10:05 - Sep 27 with 499 viewsHARRY10

Good to see both Farage and Gove were not talking out of their ars

Turkey shortage ? on 10:10 - Sep 27 with 486 viewsleitrimblue

Turkey shortage ? on 08:31 - Sep 27 by bluelagos

Nah, but I reckon Holland should have petrol and Turkeys. Fill up on both and I reckon I could make a killing. Expect to see me selling dutch Turkeys outside Portman Rd the week before crimbo 😂

Or not.

If you doing a Xmas run to Holland can I put in a non turkey related order?
Login to get fewer ads

Turkey shortage ? on 10:17 - Sep 27 with 472 viewsHARRY10

Johnson has reacted to the feared shortage of Christmas carols this Christmas,

by saying he will bring in the army

......................................the Salvation Army
Turkey shortage ? on 10:33 - Sep 27 with 443 viewsHARRY10

Kate Martin, of the Traditional Farm Fresh Turkey Association (TFTA) -

"This situation with turkeys is caused by the fact that European labour is no longer available to us, and they are skilled workers who have been coming to us for years.

“People are now missing a whole host of their workforce that they have been training and investing in over the last however many years, and those workers are no longer available for us to use on a seasonal basis — they will go find work on mainland Europe instead.”

Mark Rofe, who owns ChristmasTrees.co.uk, said that UK growers were reporting higher demand for locally grown conifers, “especially from clients who would usually import their trees from Europe, but are keen to avoid any red tape that could increase costs or cause delays for what is of course a highly seasonal and time-sensitive business”.

The one constant is the complaint about the cost in time and money that the 'red tape' (extra regulations, forms and checks) is having on business. Why did the brexiteer numpties not grasp that making it that much harder to trade with our nearest countries was certain to cause problems ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024