Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'll tell you what last night reminded me of 13:25 - Nov 24 with 414 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Our 2001/2002 relegation season from the Prem. Not in terms of quality of players or teams, and certainly not results.

But that teams have all figured out how to counter us, high press with lots of energy and getting to loose balls rapidly and the system we play is completely nullified.

We start playing higher and higher up the pitch, for PC's 'front foot football' but well coached sides defend in two solid banks of four and we go sideways, and backwards until the inevitable loose ball is played and then we are scrambling to get players back in to position to defend the counter.

I've been one of Cooks big supporters, but I'm stunned that he, (or Peter Reid by the way), can't see that we've been sussed out.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2021 17:59]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

I'll tell you what last night reminded me of on 13:33 - Nov 24 with 362 viewsEwan_Oozami

We certainly have been sussed out, but the thing is, some teams will be able to counter us very well, whatever end of the table (or whatever league) they are, and some won't.

The skill in managing a team is to say, ok, they're doing well at stopping us playing, let's change it up and give them something else to thing about - the frustrating thing for me is that we do actually have the players to be able to do that, but it only tends to happen very rarely, and mainly when we're chasing a game....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024