Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Final Account, new film with testimony from those who participated in Nazi 11:53 - Dec 3 with 521 viewsSteve_M

atrocities. It looks very powerful.

There's a piece on it here, which may be of interest. Clearly those left alive in the last decade were young during the Nazi era but that does not absolve them of guilt.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2021/dec/02/it-became-crystal-clear-they-were-l

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Final Account, new film with testimony from those who participated in Nazi on 11:56 - Dec 3 with 501 viewsunbelievablue

A complicated history, of which I am somewhat of an expert due to family ties (my grandmother was in the league of German Maidens). Currently writing an MA essay on the efficacy/morality of contemporary prosecutions.

Film looks very interesting - thanks.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2021 11:57]

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Final Account, new film with testimony from those who participated in Nazi on 13:10 - Dec 3 with 394 viewsvilanovablue

Difficult subject matter but looks very interesting. My great-grandfather was on the prosecuting team for the allies at Nuremburg.
Final Account, new film with testimony from those who participated in Nazi on 13:17 - Dec 3 with 378 viewsDarth_Koont

Final Account, new film with testimony from those who participated in Nazi on 11:56 - Dec 3 by unbelievablue

A complicated history, of which I am somewhat of an expert due to family ties (my grandmother was in the league of German Maidens). Currently writing an MA essay on the efficacy/morality of contemporary prosecutions.

Film looks very interesting - thanks.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2021 11:57]

Interesting.

Are you covering Truth and Reconciliation-type alternatives? Instinctively, this seems the right way to go. But would be good to know if that’s borne out in real life results.

It’s also something that seems to tie in with ideas of justice, where it’s often seen as justice for the sake of the system and society but not so much for the victims and their families. Our notion of justice often prolongs and adds to the suffering of victims and their families and, in the bargaining between prosecutors and defence, frequently denies them what they really want which is to know the truth about what happened.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024