Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Last night's thoughts 08:53 - Aug 17 with 413 viewsSaleAway

Massively excited to go and see my first live match of the season, especially after Saturday's performance. However, was never under any illusions that it was going to be an easy game. Any thoughts that the team had that it might be would have been cleared away in that first 2 minutes.... long throw, 6 yard melee, and cracking Walton save. Set the tone for a nervy nervy half. Althought we generally coped well with their aerial assault, we didn't pass out of the press well enough, which led to some already well publicised scary moments. By the end of the half though, the Burton intensity was already starting to drop, and having got out of the half with a nil-nil, I was hopeful that we would improve in the 2nd half.

That did pretty much turn out to be the case, but not without a few scares along the way. Cracking finish from Harness from the goal, but the match for me was won in the 55/56 minute. Ladapo's one on one miss, followed by Walton's goal line clearance was the sucker punch that would have felled us last year, but this time, we got away with it, and were able to go on and win the game. Game management in the last 10 was pretty good, and with Chaplin on as the game opened up, we could easily have put another one in.

Lovely to get a 3rd win on the bounce.... first win I've seen live for ages. The away fans were fantastic, really lifting the team at times when we were under pressure. Nice to have a full terrace giving it beans...

On a not so good note, for a relatively modern stadium, the facilities for away fans in that terrace are appalling. Smallest toilets I've ever seen in a footy ground, one slow serving food kiosk, and a tiny bar, hidden away.

Oh, and seeing Walton go down under a missile from the crowd was an utter disgrace. I hope Burton are able to identify the culprit and ban them. There's really no place for that sort of behaviour. ( Glad it didn't really seem to affect him once over the shock, as we would really miss him. MoM last night).

Onwards to Shrewsbury on Saturday, where hopefully we're a bit sharper in our passing. I think this will have been good preparation.

10 from 12, Top of the league. Nice to be talking about how we can still improve!

COYB

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024