Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can I claim PIP payments? 09:13 - Nov 20 with 1003 viewsPippin1970

I've got a pacemaker and use CPAP machine at nights for sleep apnea. Currently work 50 plus hours a week. Want it reducing so work less but claim other. Any others claim pips? Thanks.
Can I claim PIP payments? on 09:18 - Nov 20 with 973 viewsbackwaywhen

Bit of a ball ache filling forms in etc…… then a phone call from an assessor to check your not telling porky’s , takes a few weeks but worth the effort in the end .
First thing to is go to website to request forms …………. Good luck .
Can I claim PIP payments? on 09:23 - Nov 20 with 951 viewsDJR

The Citizens Advice Bureau is a good source of information. Here's a couple of links.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/pi

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/pi

There might be other benefits you are entitled to, and once again the CAB website is helpful.
Can I claim PIP payments? on 10:11 - Nov 20 with 878 viewsPinewoodblue

Always worth a try, there are far too many people not claiming all the benefits available to them. They won’t make it easy for you I gather the PIP form is similar to the Disability Allowance form I complete for the wife, all 30+ pages of it. Have to do it every three years despite the fact that there is zero chance of any improvement in her condition. They send out the form but don’t chase you to complete it, no reminders.

Key seems to be how much help you need.

If you qualify for the higher amount you would also be eligible for a Motability car.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Can I claim PIP payments? on 10:40 - Nov 20 with 843 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

If you are in Ipswich then contact these for help with the form filling.
https://infolink.suffolk.gov.uk/kb5/suffolk/infolink/service.page?id=xeIqOIweYUs

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Can I claim PIP payments? on 10:46 - Nov 20 with 827 viewsPinewoodblue

Can I claim PIP payments? on 10:11 - Nov 20 by Pinewoodblue

Always worth a try, there are far too many people not claiming all the benefits available to them. They won’t make it easy for you I gather the PIP form is similar to the Disability Allowance form I complete for the wife, all 30+ pages of it. Have to do it every three years despite the fact that there is zero chance of any improvement in her condition. They send out the form but don’t chase you to complete it, no reminders.

If you qualify for the higher amount you would also be eligible for a Motability car.

Another useful link.

https://ipswichdab.org.uk/personal-independence-payment/

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Can I claim PIP payments? on 10:54 - Nov 20 with 813 viewsRyorry

It doesn't really focus on what disabilities or illnesses you have, it's much more about your ability to function - or not - when performing essential household tasks like cooking, or carrying out your own personal care - washing, dressing etc. All down to what you actually can (or can't) do, and whether you need help with those tasks or not (nb - this was about 6 yrs ago, things might have changed since then).

If you need help (whether from aids/tools/adapted car etc; or from human assistance) you may qualify. If you don't need help, you won't. It's done on a points system, so you'd get (e.g.) points on a scale for in the kitchen - not being able to handle pots & pans; potential points for when you're in the bathroom etc.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Can I claim PIP payments? on 10:59 - Nov 20 with 785 viewsDJR

Can I claim PIP payments? on 10:11 - Nov 20 by Pinewoodblue

You would also qualify for the £150 Disability Cost of Living payment, and maybe other things

Outrageously to my mind, disabled people don't qualify for the £650 cost of living payment that those on mean-tested benefits get, which is harsh given many disabled people are confined to their house.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2022 11:02]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024