Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fabio was brilliant tonight 02:28 - Nov 27 with 1688 viewsMalcolmMeatballHead

I'm so proud of him. Seeing him win the belt in his ITFC shorts was great. Well done Fabio!!
Fabio was brilliant tonight on 15:50 - Nov 27 with 1426 viewspennblue

Just watched the highlights, great to see Fabio win, and he would have learned a lot from that fight.

Anyone know what his next step is? I would say he has got a lot to learn before he can fight any of the top 5.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Fabio was brilliant tonight on 15:58 - Nov 27 with 1401 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Fabio was brilliant tonight on 15:50 - Nov 27 by pennblue

Just watched the highlights, great to see Fabio win, and he would have learned a lot from that fight.

Anyone know what his next step is? I would say he has got a lot to learn before he can fight any of the top 5.

Have spoke about it on the other thread.

He won’t ever get to that top 5 level with his lack of amateur pedigree. But he’s done incredibly to be British champion. The fact he responses to adversity by just letting his hands go means he’s very exciting though and I’m sure Hearn will have some exciting fights lined up. A title defence then up to European/fringe world level.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Fabio was brilliant tonight on 16:33 - Nov 27 with 1351 viewsyesjohn99

Fabio was brilliant tonight on 15:58 - Nov 27 by TRUE_BLUE123

He won’t ever get to that top 5 level with his lack of amateur pedigree. But he’s done incredibly to be British champion. The fact he responses to adversity by just letting his hands go means he’s very exciting though and I’m sure Hearn will have some exciting fights lined up. A title defence then up to European/fringe world level.

Get Sam Sexton out of retirement and we can have a nice local derby!
Fabio was brilliant tonight on 17:12 - Nov 27 with 1314 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Fabio was brilliant tonight on 15:58 - Nov 27 by TRUE_BLUE123

I've seen that said about him before. Can you explain why it matters so much that you've not had any amateur experience, when you are 16-0 professionally?

I train at the same club that he fights out of and he comes across as a genuinely nice guy.

@veterans_project on Instagram. Please follow the page.
Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Fabio was brilliant tonight on 20:31 - Nov 27 with 1273 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Fabio was brilliant tonight on 17:12 - Nov 27 by ThisIsMyUsername

I've seen that said about him before. Can you explain why it matters so much that you've not had any amateur experience, when you are 16-0 professionally?

I train at the same club that he fights out of and he comes across as a genuinely nice guy.

It’s just experience that other guys will have and you won’t. A standard amateur career in boxing gives you about 50-150 fights in most cases. That experience can’t be bought. It’s very rare a white collar fighter like Fab will go on to compete at World Level. As those world level fighters have been boxing since they were 5 years old in most cases

It’s like a football skipping the academy level to player pro, makes it more difficult. What Fabio does have though is incredible athleticism, and clearly heavy hands, he’s already exceeded everyone’s expectations to get to British level. So fingers crossed he keeps shocking us.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2022 20:32]

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Fabio was brilliant tonight on 21:00 - Nov 27 with 1231 viewsDJR

Fabio was brilliant tonight on 20:31 - Nov 27 by TRUE_BLUE123

It’s just experience that other guys will have and you won’t. A standard amateur career in boxing gives you about 50-150 fights in most cases. That experience can’t be bought. It’s very rare a white collar fighter like Fab will go on to compete at World Level. As those world level fighters have been boxing since they were 5 years old in most cases

It’s like a football skipping the academy level to player pro, makes it more difficult. What Fabio does have though is incredible athleticism, and clearly heavy hands, he’s already exceeded everyone’s expectations to get to British level. So fingers crossed he keeps shocking us.

I haven't followed his career that closely. Why didn't he have an amateur career? Was it because he had other sporting options when young?
Fabio was brilliant tonight on 21:12 - Nov 27 with 1211 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Fabio was brilliant tonight on 21:00 - Nov 27 by DJR

I haven't followed his career that closely. Why didn't he have an amateur career? Was it because he had other sporting options when young?

Not sure to be honest, I imagine he just didn’t get in to a boxing gym until late on and then discovered he loves the sport. Had 4 white collars and then started sparring some elite fighters and then went pro.

I mean Anthony Joshua only got in to boxing at 18 but then had some Amateur fights before being picked for the Olympics. Which makes his rise even more impressive, but also shows why he couldn’t compete with Usyk who had hundreds of amateurs fights.

Fabio was brilliant tonight on 08:09 - Nov 28 with 1067 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Fabio was brilliant tonight on 20:31 - Nov 27 by TRUE_BLUE123

Fair enough! Makes complete sense.

I assumed it was an experience thing but didn't appreciate quite how big a difference it could make.

Login to get fewer ads

Fabio was brilliant tonight on 08:10 - Nov 28 with 1063 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Fabio was brilliant tonight on 21:00 - Nov 27 by DJR

He didn't go into a boxing gym until six years ago.

Fabio was brilliant tonight on 03:03 - Nov 29 with 938 viewsMalcolmMeatballHead

Fabio was brilliant tonight on 08:10 - Nov 28 by ThisIsMyUsername

I think he got into the sport through that white collar boxing thing. However, i stand to be corrected
Fabio was brilliant tonight on 03:58 - Nov 29 with 926 viewsMalcolmMeatballHead

Fabio was brilliant tonight on 08:10 - Nov 28 by ThisIsMyUsername

Sorry my portable phone posted my message twice.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2022 3:59]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024