Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does the drum do anything? 10:19 - Jan 15 with 1383 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Blue Action have done wonderful things for sure but honestly, from the SAR Lower, the drum is a hindrance more than anything else.
A few chants started up in our stand for the first time in recent memory, and then the drum would start up, on a completely different rhythm and kill it dead.

I’ve said it and thought it before, if BA are going to be really successful in improving the atmosphere, they’ve got to think whole ground, not just S.6.

When they hear another chant start elsewhere in the ground they should join in with that chant, not start their own. I really think that there are so many now wanting to get involved in S6 that BA could start scattering a little, maybe 50% in section 6 and 50% in Section 4 or a block in the Cobbold.

All of the best stadium atmospheres I’ve experienced have had ‘rival’ singing sections from the same club in different areas of the ground. But that won’t work if the drum is only concerned with what S6 are doing.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Does the drum do anything? on 10:22 - Jan 15 with 1360 viewsJackNorthStand

I hate the " rival singing section" thing that you see at some clubs.
Does the drum do anything? on 10:24 - Jan 15 with 1341 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Does the drum do anything? on 10:22 - Jan 15 by JackNorthStand

I hate the " rival singing section" thing that you see at some clubs.

You hate two sections of the crowd starting different songs and joining in with each other?
We’ll just leave it to the s6 ‘club’ then?

Does the drum do anything? on 10:35 - Jan 15 with 1310 viewsJackNorthStand

Does the drum do anything? on 10:24 - Jan 15 by Cheltenham_Blue

You hate two sections of the crowd starting different songs and joining in with each other?
We’ll just leave it to the s6 ‘club’ then?

No issue with different parts of the ground starting songs and joining in together.

You stated rival singing sections. Perhaps my interpretation of that was different from the way in which you intended it.

What is is that you dislike about the drum and the s6 "club"?

You could start you own group to improve atmosphere, you can be the " rival singing section"
Does the drum do anything? on 10:38 - Jan 15 with 1294 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Does the drum do anything? on 10:35 - Jan 15 by JackNorthStand

No issue with different parts of the ground starting songs and joining in together.

You stated rival singing sections. Perhaps my interpretation of that was different from the way in which you intended it.

What is is that you dislike about the drum and the s6 "club"?

You could start you own group to improve atmosphere, you can be the " rival singing section"

I explained in my OP perfectly my issue with the drum.
You seem a little triggered? Is it you on the drum?

Does the drum do anything? on 10:45 - Jan 15 with 1279 viewsJackNorthStand

Does the drum do anything? on 10:38 - Jan 15 by Cheltenham_Blue

I explained in my OP perfectly my issue with the drum.
You seem a little triggered? Is it you on the drum?

Haha no it is not me on the drum.

Things can come across wrong over text/the internet. or perhaps I am annoyed about yesterdays late goal we conceded.

I do think the best option would be for S6 singers and drum to move into a more central part of the ground whether that be central SAR or SBR. Without going into details of how that can be achieved.

I understand your point about having different parts of the ground starting songs, but it never seems to take off and be drowned out before it reaches the next section, I don't think that is the fault of the drummer.

I really believe a key problem of the atmosphere in the North Stand with songs not being carried across from different sections is to do with the acoustics of how the stand is constructed ( as has been mentioned a lot before ).
Does the drum do anything? on 10:53 - Jan 15 with 1252 viewsDJR

Does the drum do anything? on 10:45 - Jan 15 by JackNorthStand

Haha no it is not me on the drum.

Things can come across wrong over text/the internet. or perhaps I am annoyed about yesterdays late goal we conceded.

I do think the best option would be for S6 singers and drum to move into a more central part of the ground whether that be central SAR or SBR. Without going into details of how that can be achieved.

I understand your point about having different parts of the ground starting songs, but it never seems to take off and be drowned out before it reaches the next section, I don't think that is the fault of the drummer.

I really believe a key problem of the atmosphere in the North Stand with songs not being carried across from different sections is to do with the acoustics of how the stand is constructed ( as has been mentioned a lot before ).

I agree about the acoustics, and have no problem with the intentions of Blue Action, but I am not convinced by the drum, not least because I think very few good football songs have a drum rhythm.
Does the drum do anything? on 19:53 - Jan 15 with 1051 viewstonydinning

I agree. The drum stomps over stuff constantly, even their own songs. Should be used sparingly to keep people in time, not pumping out samba rhythms so you can't hear anyone's voices.

Poll: Is it time to rotate keepers and give Walton his spot back?

Does the drum do anything? on 20:03 - Jan 15 with 1007 viewsHARRY10

It does nothing, other than over excite the gaggle of 'pimply freds' gathered around it. For the moment it is the thing to do before your voice has broken or not oong after.

Our success lies solely with the new owners, nothing else. This little corner the ground were hollerin' and a shoutin' way back to no noticable effect on the pitch.
Login to get fewer ads

Does the drum do anything? on 21:56 - Jan 15 with 857 viewsPioneerBlue

Sit in the Pioneer. Without the drum or section 6 the ground would be dead most weeks acoustically speaking. Interesting all in the bowl sounded good on Saturday except for a few short periods and when many people seemed to be embarrassing themselves berating Walton for having an off day controlling the ball and kicking into wind and rain.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024