Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hell of a run, a lot of credit to go around! 17:49 - Apr 1 with 765 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

The main difference compared to our promotion rivals has clearly been the January additions. After watching the MK Dons away game, I just knew Hirst was a cut above this level and the midfield looks so good now. If anything I think CM has been the main reason for our 8 games without conceding. Taking nothing away from the defense and Walton but just the way we disrupt and get on the ball has been exceptional of late.

It's a long season and the last 6 weeks has been a far cry from Cambridge away and that horrible Mid December - Feb lull. I will admit to be critical because our form at the time was not good enough but this revival speaks volumes about the staff players and moves we made in January.

In regards to today, that 20 minutes at the start of the second half was obviously key, we kept our heads and showed a lot of character. Something that has been missing around Ipswich in recent years. We have 7-8 players I think that could more than hold their own at Championship level.

We now have the luxury of truly concentrating truly on what we do from here on out and I certainly wouldn't bet against us. One game at a time!

Hopefully this also saves me a few quid from having to fly back in May for the playoffs! For those that have put up with the last 10 years every week, enjoy the run in, you deserve it!
[Post edited 1 Apr 2023 17:50]
Hell of a run, a lot of credit to go around! on 18:34 - Apr 1 with 586 viewsStewart27

I hope you look back at your post Bristol Rovers posts with a little bit of embarrassment - you should do. But you weren’t alone.

Anyway it’s great to have this feeling now!!

But there will be iffy times again.
Hell of a run, a lot of credit to go around! on 18:57 - Apr 1 with 497 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Hell of a run, a lot of credit to go around! on 18:34 - Apr 1 by Stewart27

I hope you look back at your post Bristol Rovers posts with a little bit of embarrassment - you should do. But you weren’t alone.

Anyway it’s great to have this feeling now!!

But there will be iffy times again.

I doubt I posted after Bristol Rovers (maybe I did?) but have no time during the week and didn't even see that game. On a Saturday lunch time I would certainly share my views. Why would I be embarrassed about how I feel at the time and commenting on the game I just watched? If I am very positive now and we don't go up would feel embarrassed? Nope it's just reaction to the football we have witnessed. I have always been a fan of KM and said he would get it right whatever happened this season.

I did however, say we should expect more whereas some seemed content for just progress from the year before and were happy with some par results.

This run has been very impressive and I think we will do it now, this is where we should be!
Hell of a run, a lot of credit to go around! on 19:07 - Apr 1 with 462 viewsGlasgowBlue

Yes. The centre of midfield is much improved since Luongo got into the team.

Both Morsy and Luongo are good at stopping opposition attacks, but they quickly turn that disruption into attacks. A great example being Morsy's ball to Burns, which lead to our second game.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Hell of a run, a lot of credit to go around! on 19:09 - Apr 1 with 453 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Hell of a run, a lot of credit to go around! on 19:07 - Apr 1 by GlasgowBlue

Yes. The centre of midfield is much improved since Luongo got into the team.

Both Morsy and Luongo are good at stopping opposition attacks, but they quickly turn that disruption into attacks. A great example being Morsy's ball to Burns, which lead to our second game.

To say he's been influential is an understatement.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024