Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could we give our bare sleeve to Darby Rimmer MND Foundation? 15:59 - Aug 14 with 627 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

I know we have donated some of the money from July to the charity already, but given now the EFL has buckled and given away a sleeve from EFL badges to potential advertising, should we use our bare sleeve for good and give it to the Darby Rimmer MND Foundation? The shirts are already nods to Marcus Stewarts era with the club, and every patch/print sold to fans could be given straight to the charity?

Town and Sunderland Join Forces to Raise Funds For MND Charity 2nd Aug 2023 20:32
The Blues and Sunderland are joining forces to raise money for the Darby Rimmer MND Foundation, the charity supported by former Town and Black Cats striker Marcus Stewart, at this Sunday’s season opener at the Stadium of Light. 2

It would be better than a gambling advert surely? Would it even be allowed?
Could we give our bare sleeve to Darby Rimmer MND Foundation? on 16:27 - Aug 14 with 557 viewsScuzzer

Great call.👍

Established 1968

Could we give our bare sleeve to Darby Rimmer MND Foundation? on 16:34 - Aug 14 with 542 viewsSheffordBlue

It would be a lovely gesture but we have so little headroom with FFP that if we can get a half decent sponsor in then you would think the club would go for that.

MSC have extended their sponsorship already and wonder whether we might see them go for this on top of the training wear sponsorship.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Could we give our bare sleeve to Darby Rimmer MND Foundation? on 10:15 - Aug 15 with 342 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Could we give our bare sleeve to Darby Rimmer MND Foundation? on 16:34 - Aug 14 by SheffordBlue

It would be a lovely gesture but we have so little headroom with FFP that if we can get a half decent sponsor in then you would think the club would go for that.

MSC have extended their sponsorship already and wonder whether we might see them go for this on top of the training wear sponsorship.

If the club were keen to sell it as you suggest, wouldn't they have done so prior to the season starting? I expect this move has been made to accommodate Leeds, Leicester and Southampton who already had their sleeves pre-sold but it looks like nobody else in the EFL has made that move so far, but I could be wrong.

I think it would be good to give away this seasons sleeve to the Darby Rimmer MND Foundation, we could design a smart looking patch for them and everyone sold goes straight to the charity for the season.
Could we give our bare sleeve to Darby Rimmer MND Foundation? on 10:20 - Aug 15 with 329 viewsZx1988

Could we give our bare sleeve to Darby Rimmer MND Foundation? on 10:15 - Aug 15 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

If the club were keen to sell it as you suggest, wouldn't they have done so prior to the season starting? I expect this move has been made to accommodate Leeds, Leicester and Southampton who already had their sleeves pre-sold but it looks like nobody else in the EFL has made that move so far, but I could be wrong.

I think it would be good to give away this seasons sleeve to the Darby Rimmer MND Foundation, we could design a smart looking patch for them and everyone sold goes straight to the charity for the season.

I think it all depends on getting both the right client and the right price. I imagine that it's not as simple as just declaring that you have a vacancy for a sleeve sponsor, and getting someone lined up within a couple of days.

You can see it with the Premier League clubs as well - there seem to be more and more who end up with no front-of-shirt sponsor for a few weeks/months, until they get a deal that works for them.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Could we give our bare sleeve to Darby Rimmer MND Foundation? on 10:27 - Aug 15 with 321 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Could we give our bare sleeve to Darby Rimmer MND Foundation? on 10:20 - Aug 15 by Zx1988

I think it all depends on getting both the right client and the right price. I imagine that it's not as simple as just declaring that you have a vacancy for a sleeve sponsor, and getting someone lined up within a couple of days.

You can see it with the Premier League clubs as well - there seem to be more and more who end up with no front-of-shirt sponsor for a few weeks/months, until they get a deal that works for them.

Maybe so, but we've managed to sell our front, our shorts and donate our back to charity long before the season starts in recent years, so I would be surprised if we weren't hot on the opportunity if we really wanted to sell it. As I said, it doesn't look like many EFL clubs have, which is why I was surprised to see us with all the teams with only one patch at the start of the season. Could they have been caught off guard with this?

What I will say, anything but gambling please.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024