Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Every game reminding me of the Burley 99 season. 00:07 - Oct 29 with 815 viewsFrimleyBlue

It wasn't comfortable on many occasions but the squad got through those fixtures.

Opponent fans when they lose keep saying town are nothing special..

I can't remember to many champ sides who were special. But there were sides who did better than others. That's just the sport isn't it?
Spurs for example imo aren't special but they're winning their games and battling through some.

Town doing just that. And it reminds me of games in 99. Some we went home being amazed at what we saw.. but many were horrid yet lovely games of football between two battling champ sides.

I don't really get what some expect to see. Leicester are absolutely storming the league. But I've seen a few of their games now and they don't look special. They've had some battles.. but they've been better and scored more than the opposition.

What I'm loving is we are winning whilst battling but also having some issues early on as KM said. Plenty of time to iron these out.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Every game reminding me of the Burley 99 season. on 01:12 - Oct 29 with 715 viewsIllinoisblue

It’s crazy how 29k crowds at home has become normal and, dare I say it, an expectation that we’ll win. An incredible turnaround albeit with lots of this marathon still to run.

As for the Burley late 90s. I was young and drunk at most games but that aside I think a huge difference is back then you went to the pub, to the game, read the green un and that was mostly it for thinking about the game or analyzing it. It mattered but wasn’t discussed to death. Unlike today’s xG generation.

What I do love so far this season is you just know fans of 23 other championship teams are pretty much ever week saying “fking Ipswich won again”.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Every game reminding me of the Burley 99 season. on 08:00 - Oct 29 with 472 viewsChurchman

It feels different to Burley’s time. In 99/2000 we’d been knocking on the door for a few years, been in the PL only 5 or 6 years before and kind of knew where we were and so did everyone else. Surprises were for teams like Man City powering through after scraping out of the 3rd division. Barnsley’s great season, stuff like that.

The ground capacity was 21900 and we rarely filled it. The lowest was about 15,000 and the average 18,500. This was excellent given away allocation and capacity.

We know what the crowds are now and the demand for tickets. I’ve not seen anything like it since the Robson days and that was only for big games and rare.

In terms of expectation, I don’t really think we know where we are in that everything is new, first season back. We really had no idea how good or otherwise we’d be. The owners have brought investment that has triggered the supporters after 20 years of relentless decline. And finally, McKenna, his team and players have brought an insane level of stylish, winning football.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024