Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could we go down this year? 05:35 - Feb 17 with 6073 viewsdaisyisabaddog

Bearing in mind our record against top 8 teams and the next 8 games, the answer has to be yes. In fact I think I'll have a bet on it
Could we go down this year? on 06:14 - Feb 17 with 4566 viewsColchesterBlue1985

If the squad and coaching setup continue to down tools I’d say there’s a chance even if it’s quite remote.
Could we go down this year? on 06:30 - Feb 17 with 4543 viewsdaisyisabaddog

Could we go down this year? on 06:14 - Feb 17 by ColchesterBlue1985

If the squad and coaching setup continue to down tools I’d say there’s a chance even if it’s quite remote.

250/1 with William Hill. £2 buys you a season ticket next year
Could we go down this year? on 07:06 - Feb 17 with 4455 viewsjayessess

No. Bottom 4 are barely making enough points to reach our present total

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Could we go down this year? on 07:08 - Feb 17 with 4437 viewsKeno

There is always a chance, all it needs is for a couple of the bottom 4 to find some form and who knows

I do worry about next season

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Could we go down this year? on 07:14 - Feb 17 with 4413 viewsWonTheCupin78

Think if this is allowed to go on we will go down next season not this. Season after a top half side in Division 4 (don't think we'd come straight back up).
Could we go down this year? on 07:15 - Feb 17 with 4408 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Could we go down this year? on 06:30 - Feb 17 by daisyisabaddog

250/1 with William Hill. £2 buys you a season ticket next year

A season ticket. To watch us in Division 4!

There is one reason why we won't go down and one reason only. Lambert will go sooner or later. Even Evans has to see that. Once we fail to win in 5 (that is definitely the next 4 matches if Lambert is still here), he can't carry on any longer.

So there is a risk of relegation but it involves the new manager being unable to arrest the current slide.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Could we go down this year? on 07:25 - Feb 17 with 4378 viewsJeff_winger

Form is bad, but not a chance. We would have to pick up zero points in rest of the games and still not sure bottom teams would make the points up
Could we go down this year? on 07:27 - Feb 17 with 4364 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Could we go down this year? on 07:25 - Feb 17 by Jeff_winger

Form is bad, but not a chance. We would have to pick up zero points in rest of the games and still not sure bottom teams would make the points up

50 points got relegated in each of the last 2 completed seasons.

We are on 40.

All 4 of the clubs in the relegation places are within reach of safety so there are still 4 relegation places up for grabs. Teams in that situation always have an upturn of form as safe mid-table clubs and nervous play-off and promotion contenders play them towards the end of the season.

Continue as we currently are and we are far from safe.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2021 7:30]

Login to get fewer ads

Could we go down this year? on 07:28 - Feb 17 with 4355 viewsChrisd

Very unlikely, but if this situation is allowed to continue we should accept that a bottom third finish in this league is a real possibility.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Could we go down this year? on 07:39 - Feb 17 with 4276 viewsvapour_trail

Nah, we’re managing more or less a point a game, we’re safe for this year o reckon.

A relegation battle in the next couple of seasons feels inevitable unless Evans lucks in with his next appointment.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Could we go down this year? on 07:41 - Feb 17 with 4263 viewsJeff_winger

Could we go down this year? on 07:27 - Feb 17 by Nthsuffolkblue

We are on 40.

All 4 of the clubs in the relegation places are within reach of safety so there are still 4 relegation places up for grabs. Teams in that situation always have an upturn of form as safe mid-table clubs and nervous play-off and promotion contenders play them towards the end of the season.

I don't believe anyone seriously thinks we could go down, even in current form it's near impossible outcome. We are so poor but not even lambert couldn't relegate us from 40 points mid season. Anyone who truley believes this really has a grey outlook on life.

It's depressing enough to finish mid table why would you worry about something that is almost impossible to happen
Could we go down this year? on 07:46 - Feb 17 with 4230 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Could we go down this year? on 07:41 - Feb 17 by Jeff_winger

I don't believe anyone seriously thinks we could go down, even in current form it's near impossible outcome. We are so poor but not even lambert couldn't relegate us from 40 points mid season. Anyone who truley believes this really has a grey outlook on life.

It's depressing enough to finish mid table why would you worry about something that is almost impossible to happen

Current form keeps us up, yes.

What is to say that, if Lambert stays, we don't lose all of the next 9 games? (Entirely feasible when you look at who they are against.)

Suddenly we would then need at least 10 points from 11 games having not picked up a single point in 9 matches.

Whilst it shouldn't happen, I am simply pointing out that if Evans continues to refuse to act, it is not impossible.

Could we go down this year? on 07:49 - Feb 17 with 4214 viewsChurchman

No, that’ll be next season unless there is considerable change.
Could we go down this year? on 07:54 - Feb 17 with 4175 viewsjayessess

Could we go down this year? on 07:46 - Feb 17 by Nthsuffolkblue

Current form keeps us up, yes.

What is to say that, if Lambert stays, we don't lose all of the next 9 games? (Entirely feasible when you look at who they are against.)

Suddenly we would then need at least 10 points from 11 games having not picked up a single point in 9 matches.

Whilst it shouldn't happen, I am simply pointing out that if Evans continues to refuse to act, it is not impossible.

You have to get to 18th in the league until you find a club winning a point a game even. There's no real reason to assume that at least 4 of the weakest teams in the league (with the smallest squads) are suddenly going to get significantly more competitive as we get deeper into the season.

We wouldn't be in serious danger even if we lost the next 9 straight.

Could we go down this year? on 07:59 - Feb 17 with 4146 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Could we go down this year? on 07:54 - Feb 17 by jayessess

You have to get to 18th in the league until you find a club winning a point a game even. There's no real reason to assume that at least 4 of the weakest teams in the league (with the smallest squads) are suddenly going to get significantly more competitive as we get deeper into the season.

We wouldn't be in serious danger even if we lost the next 9 straight.

I disagree for the reasons I stated above. Most of them will go on a decent run towards the end of the season, teams fighting to stay up always do. That's another reason why our capitulation to finish even below Bolton in the state they were in and 13 points away from safety was diabolical.

Could we go down this year? on 08:09 - Feb 17 with 4083 viewsHerbivore

Could we go down this year? on 07:27 - Feb 17 by Nthsuffolkblue

We are on 40.

Don't be silly. We need 10 points from nearly half a season of football. At no point has our form been so bad that we won't comfortably pick up that many points. Continue as we currently are and we probably end up around 15th, which is crap and unacceptable, but we'll be nowhere near relegation this season.

We're terrible and Lambert absolutely needs to go now, but this hysteria about relegation is bordering on delusional.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Could we go down this year? on 08:15 - Feb 17 with 4068 viewsjayessess

Could we go down this year? on 07:59 - Feb 17 by Nthsuffolkblue

I disagree for the reasons I stated above. Most of them will go on a decent run towards the end of the season, teams fighting to stay up always do. That's another reason why our capitulation to finish even below Bolton in the state they were in and 13 points away from safety was diabolical.

Even our 2018-19 Championship form from now onwards would keep us up very comfortably.

This phenomenon where "most relegation-threatened teams go on a run" isn't a thing. Some teams get better, some worse, some more or less the same. One study
( http://harvardsportsanalysis.org/2018/04/do-relegation-threatened-teams-perform- ) calculated PL relegation fodder get a bump of on average 1.1 to 1.3 additional points (total that is, it's 0.22 points per game for the last 5 or 6 games). Even adding that would put the relegation line at... 43 points , 3 points above what we have now.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2021 8:24]

Could we go down this year? on 09:09 - Feb 17 with 3935 viewsdaisyisabaddog

Could we go down this year? on 08:09 - Feb 17 by Herbivore

Don't be silly. We need 10 points from nearly half a season of football. At no point has our form been so bad that we won't comfortably pick up that many points. Continue as we currently are and we probably end up around 15th, which is crap and unacceptable, but we'll be nowhere near relegation this season.

We're terrible and Lambert absolutely needs to go now, but this hysteria about relegation is bordering on delusional.

In January 1995 Norwich were 7th in the Premier League with 33 points from 21 games. They got relegated.

We are now hitting rock bottom and have a horrible run of fixtures coming up. On top of that the players are so unhappy they seem to be deliberately trying to get sent off.

Hate to say it but I can't see where the next point is coming from
Could we go down this year? on 09:19 - Feb 17 with 3906 viewsjayessess

Could we go down this year? on 09:09 - Feb 17 by daisyisabaddog

In January 1995 Norwich were 7th in the Premier League with 33 points from 21 games. They got relegated.

We are now hitting rock bottom and have a horrible run of fixtures coming up. On top of that the players are so unhappy they seem to be deliberately trying to get sent off.

Hate to say it but I can't see where the next point is coming from

Even that Norwich team managed 10 points from their remaining 21 games.

Could we go down this year? on 09:45 - Feb 17 with 3783 viewsHARRY10

This has been posted on the 'stinkun' site. He posts there regularly.
Could we go down this year? on 22:46 - Feb 17 with 3651 viewsistanblue

I make it that there are at least 8 worse teams in the league than us so on that count no we won't be going down. Genuinely wouldn't be surprised if we finished 16th though if Lambert finishes the season.
Could we go down this year? on 13:53 - Feb 22 with 3349 viewsHARRY10

nope
Could we go down this year? on 14:29 - Feb 22 with 3280 viewsGeoffSentence

No, we are 16 points clear with 19 games left. I declare us safe.
After 'aiming for the top 2', 'in the play-offs', 'aiming for the play-offs' and 'in the mix', 'safe from relegation' is the next milestone for the managerial PR machine to celebrate

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Could we go down this year? on 16:13 - Feb 22 with 3193 viewsHARRY10

Could we go down this year? on 14:29 - Feb 22 by GeoffSentence

No, we are 16 points clear with 19 games left. I declare us safe.
After 'aiming for the top 2', 'in the play-offs', 'aiming for the play-offs' and 'in the mix', 'safe from relegation' is the next milestone for the managerial PR machine to celebrate

'we go again next season'

'as one of the favourites'
Could we go down this year? on 22:39 - Feb 16 with 1242 viewsWonTheCupin78

A reminder of how far we have come in 3 years
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024