Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
There you go then lads 09:27 - Apr 19 with 763 viewschicoazul

"She seems particularly nervous about admitting that the Brexit talks will involve compromise - perhaps in case the Daily Mail twig that, if anyone is going to soften Brexit, it will be May when she comes back with a bigger majority."

In other words, if you want a soft equitable Brexit with things pretty much staying the same as they are now then you vote Tory.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

There you go then lads on 09:33 - Apr 19 with 740 viewsBlueBadger

I'm sure that she'll ensure that Brexit is suitably soft. equitable and maintains things much as they are for top band income tax payers.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2017 9:36]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

There you go then lads on 09:35 - Apr 19 with 724 viewschicoazul

There you go then lads on 09:33 - Apr 19 by BlueBadger

I'm sure that she'll ensure that Brexit is suitably soft. equitable and maintains things much as they are for top band income tax payers.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2017 9:36]

Well, yes. You do know where most of those people get their money dont you?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

There you go then lads on 09:36 - Apr 19 with 720 viewsGuthrum

I've always thought that much of the rhetoric was just for internal consumption by the hard-liners within her own party. May has been careful not to actually commit herself to anything too drastic.

I tend to regard her as a pragmatist and relative moderate, who doesn't want any hard won and delicately balanced agreement upset by the extremists on either side.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

There you go then lads on 09:37 - Apr 19 with 711 viewsBlueBadger

There you go then lads on 09:35 - Apr 19 by chicoazul

Well, yes. You do know where most of those people get their money dont you?

Pushing down wages and cutting costs?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

There you go then lads on 09:38 - Apr 19 with 704 viewschicoazul

There you go then lads on 09:37 - Apr 19 by BlueBadger

Pushing down wages and cutting costs?

You really think hedge funds push down wages and cut costs?

There you go then lads on 09:39 - Apr 19 with 698 viewsBlueBadger

There you go then lads on 09:38 - Apr 19 by chicoazul

You really think hedge funds push down wages and cut costs?

I don't even know what connection they have to garden centres.

There you go then lads on 09:42 - Apr 19 with 690 viewschicoazul

There you go then lads on 09:36 - Apr 19 by Guthrum

I've always thought that much of the rhetoric was just for internal consumption by the hard-liners within her own party. May has been careful not to actually commit herself to anything too drastic.

I tend to regard her as a pragmatist and relative moderate, who doesn't want any hard won and delicately balanced agreement upset by the extremists on either side.

She's a Blairite. This election is being held for two things; to engineer her a shell to protect the EU negotiations from the loonys like Patel and Gove, and to get it in before the CPS arrest half her cabinet.

There you go then lads on 09:46 - Apr 19 with 673 viewsBlueBadger

There you go then lads on 09:42 - Apr 19 by chicoazul

She's a Blairite. This election is being held for two things; to engineer her a shell to protect the EU negotiations from the loonys like Patel and Gove, and to get it in before the CPS arrest half her cabinet.

She'd be doing a better job protecting EU negotiations from loons like Patel by not appointing them to cabinet in the first place.

Login to get fewer ads

There you go then lads on 09:50 - Apr 19 with 662 viewsGuthrum

There you go then lads on 09:46 - Apr 19 by BlueBadger

She'd be doing a better job protecting EU negotiations from loons like Patel by not appointing them to cabinet in the first place.

Any political party is a balancing act, a coalition between various, maybe quite disparate, interest groups. Not giving them rewards in the shape of ministerial positions would mean losing the backing of their faction and potentially destroying her ability to govern effectively. She had no choice.

I think one of the things May is seeking from this election is a stronger moderate core to offset the hard-liners (as Cameron had in his coalition with the LibDems).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024