Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Went to Ararararat on Norwich Rd the other lunchtime 14:17 - Aug 31 with 1358 viewsLord_Lucan

It was a £7.50 lunch special offer - two courses - so I wasn't expecting much.

My oh my.

I had calamari to start followed by a lamb Guvec (casserole thing) which was served with rice and salad. We were also given as much hot sliced pitta as we wanted with some nice sauces.

It was a taste sensation. I love that place.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

on 14:22 - Aug 31 with 1316 views_

Went to Ararararat on Norwich Rd the other lunchtime on 14:27 - Aug 31 with 1298 viewsAdmiralFunge

I went there before Fulham with the usual idiots, following (I think) yours and Blue Streak's recommendation. It's really, really good.

£7.50 is arguably the best value in Town - the waiter kept on replenishing that delicious tasty Turkish bread, too.

Calamari and Lamb Shish for me - both absolutely spot-on. The Calamari was deep-fried, but you knew it was fresh. Salad with the Lamb was as tasty as the meat.

The bill came, and, we'd spent £15 more on beer, than food, which was a rarity.

Top recommendation, thanks very much. I am definitely going back.

Poll: Danny Karbassiyoon, or Kim Karbasheran?

Went to Ararararat on Norwich Rd the other lunchtime on 14:32 - Aug 31 with 1275 viewsLord_Lucan

Went to Ararararat on Norwich Rd the other lunchtime on 14:27 - Aug 31 by AdmiralFunge

I went there before Fulham with the usual idiots, following (I think) yours and Blue Streak's recommendation. It's really, really good.

£7.50 is arguably the best value in Town - the waiter kept on replenishing that delicious tasty Turkish bread, too.

Calamari and Lamb Shish for me - both absolutely spot-on. The Calamari was deep-fried, but you knew it was fresh. Salad with the Lamb was as tasty as the meat.

Agree about the salad. Generally I don't even poke the salad with a fork, it just stays on the plate exactly how it was presented but I actually ate and enjoyed the salad there.

I thought we would get charged for the extra bread we had, I had to order more and more as it was so tasty but it was all included in the price.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Went to Ararararat on Norwich Rd the other lunchtime on 14:43 - Aug 31 with 1238 viewsAdmiralFunge

Went to Ararararat on Norwich Rd the other lunchtime on 14:32 - Aug 31 by Lord_Lucan

Agree about the salad. Generally I don't even poke the salad with a fork, it just stays on the plate exactly how it was presented but I actually ate and enjoyed the salad there.

I thought we would get charged for the extra bread we had, I had to order more and more as it was so tasty but it was all included in the price.

We went over to that St Judes place afterwards for a swift one before the game.

I asked for a G and T (my poor little stomach can't take much ale after a fine feed), and the barman said 'Single or Double?.... Actually fck it, just have a double, it's sh1t and no-one drinks gin in here'.

He was completely correct on both counts.

There was also a woman in there in a dressing gown and an anglers hat, drinking coffee, plus a lot of metallers, and an old microwave on top of a fridge in the smoking patio.

The front of that place looks like the entrance to a pine furniture seconds shop.

All told, I think I quite like it.

Poll: Danny Karbassiyoon, or Kim Karbasheran?

Went to Ararararat on Norwich Rd the other lunchtime on 14:47 - Aug 31 with 1223 viewsLord_Lucan

Went to Ararararat on Norwich Rd the other lunchtime on 14:43 - Aug 31 by AdmiralFunge

We went over to that St Judes place afterwards for a swift one before the game.

I asked for a G and T (my poor little stomach can't take much ale after a fine feed), and the barman said 'Single or Double?.... Actually fck it, just have a double, it's sh1t and no-one drinks gin in here'.

He was completely correct on both counts.

There was also a woman in there in a dressing gown and an anglers hat, drinking coffee, plus a lot of metallers, and an old microwave on top of a fridge in the smoking patio.

The front of that place looks like the entrance to a pine furniture seconds shop.

All told, I think I quite like it.

I've only been in there a couple of times and it was a bit weird thinking about it.

I am developing a bit of a fondness for Norwich Rd, it gets a bad press put there are a few decent shops, cafes and restaurants down there. I quite like the buzz of the place.

Went to Ararararat on Norwich Rd the other lunchtime on 15:44 - Aug 31 with 1109 viewsBlueStreak

Went to Ararararat on Norwich Rd the other lunchtime on 14:27 - Aug 31 by AdmiralFunge

Glad you liked it, the place is absolutely boss. We had a day on the beer in Woodbridge Saturday and ended up in the Sonar, that place is still amazing.

I love Norwich Road it is really good.

On the absolute flipside, I have just been for lunch on the top floor of the cheese grater in the city, and the food, wine and view was absolutely incredible. It is all or nothing for me!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024