Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Caolan Lavery 01:40 - Dec 14 with 1803 viewsBrettenhamBlue

See on Sheff Utd boards that they rate him highly. Always thought he did well when he was with us. Shame he left for nothing at the time. See he's also been called up into the Northern Ireland squad, but has yet to earn his first cap.

MMcCarthyisaGod
Poll: Favourite ITFC victory of 2018?

on 06:07 - Dec 14 with 1737 views_

Caolan Lavery on 10:23 - Dec 14 with 1556 viewsitfcjoe

The club handled his situation very poorly, both in terms of what was eventually offered and how he was effectively not released to sign anywhere else

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Caolan Lavery on 12:21 - Dec 14 with 1427 viewsCurrie10

Caolan Lavery on 10:23 - Dec 14 by itfcjoe

The club handled his situation very poorly, both in terms of what was eventually offered and how he was effectively not released to sign anywhere else

From what I can recall Lavery was released under Jewell, with Jewell very keen to keep him on however Lavery thought the offer was not up to scratch and decided to move on.

I think Jewell came out with the lad was being greedy.

I remember Neville coming out with something along the lines of Ferguson gave them ONE minute to sign their contract, of £90 p.w and if they didn't like it then leave.

Lavery had done very little at that point of his career, so whatever the club offered I can only assume is fair. Besides, in this day and age if they do only a couple of games well early on the club will always up the ante. We have with Nydam and I'm sure Downes has signed a couple of new contracts recently.

Lavery, like Benyu and a few others I cannot remotely say I'm bothered have left. Heard various stories of how big time he thought he was at the Owls.
Caolan Lavery on 13:37 - Dec 14 with 1349 viewsitfcjoe

Caolan Lavery on 12:21 - Dec 14 by Currie10

From what I can recall Lavery was released under Jewell, with Jewell very keen to keep him on however Lavery thought the offer was not up to scratch and decided to move on.

I think Jewell came out with the lad was being greedy.

I remember Neville coming out with something along the lines of Ferguson gave them ONE minute to sign their contract, of £90 p.w and if they didn't like it then leave.

Lavery had done very little at that point of his career, so whatever the club offered I can only assume is fair. Besides, in this day and age if they do only a couple of games well early on the club will always up the ante. We have with Nydam and I'm sure Downes has signed a couple of new contracts recently.

Lavery, like Benyu and a few others I cannot remotely say I'm bothered have left. Heard various stories of how big time he thought he was at the Owls.

Lavery was the best player in his age group, and when contracts were dished out at the end of the season, rather than give him one they used the fact that he had had a broken leg during his scholarship and the loophole to extend his scholarship by 3 months.

When it came to offering him a contract at the end of his 3 month trial they then offered him far less than his inferior team mates had been given as they had decided to restructure contracts and he was offered £200 a week on a 6 month deal. His scholarship was on £90, but by turning pro he no longer had digs included so had to stump up £100 for that a week so was given a pay rise of £10 a week.

At the time Bradford had offered him (and there is prob some exaggeration in this, but was from a parent of another academy player and friend of his) £900/week on a 2 year deal. He tried to go elsewhere but we wouldn't release his registration - and because we had offered him a £10 payrise we were due a fee for him as is an increase in terms.

Similar happened to Callum Bennett, and we ruined young boys careers by not releasing registrations or offering fair terms - fortunately we'd stopped doing that now as otherwise we'd soon get a bad reputation in the game and presumably return of Klug and his input directly into the boardroom rather than through the manager has helped this.

With regards to benyu, the club wrote his contract wrong and f*cked up - when a young boy gets offer of a 4 year deal from Celtic he should be congratulated not castigated.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024