Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What is the aim of this football club? 00:42 - Jan 3 with 1298 viewspointofblue

As I settle in for the night I have to wonder - what is the aim of this football club? Should we really be aspiring to be in the play offs? Or just thankful if we don’t go down? Or just mid table mediocrity?

And what is Marcus Evans’ masterplan? The longer we tread water at best the more he has to finance the club. How does he intend to change course?

Is there anything enjoyable about us a club now? Is there anything enjoyable about football as a whole now those on the biggest budget simply leave the rest in their wake.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

What is the aim of this football club? on 00:54 - Jan 3 with 1269 viewsWestcountryblue

I think we've been dealt a cruel hand this year in terms of luck.

If we were able to put out a fully fit and firing Huws, Adeyemi, Bishop, Dozzell etc on a regular basis, i think our strongest 11 is a match for most at this level. However, the constraints in which Mick has to work under were quickly exposed after a couple of players sustained nasty injuries.

That said, the club has no strategy. The academy seems to be producing good players and Mick seems to be doing well with the peanuts he is given, plucking the odd gem out of the scrapheap, however there is no plan.

It seems that the club is just meandering while attendances fall, a big injury crisis ravages our squad and a manager who is given the brief of top 6, but is given peanuts !
[Post edited 3 Jan 2018 0:56]
What is the aim of this football club? on 08:27 - Jan 3 with 1142 viewsMothersAgainstKids

tread water
What is the aim of this football club? on 08:37 - Jan 3 with 1127 viewsSteve_M

It was very clear what Evans initial plan was - splurge a bit of cash, get promoted and either raise the profile of MEG or cash in - one can imagine Sheepy selling it to him with the same insouciance that went with phrases such as "temporary administration".

There was never any innovative thinking, the strategy never got further than appointing a manager with previous promotions to his name. Magilton, Keane and Jewell wasted that opportunity and whilst McCarthy has done a much better job overall ME has been priced out by the financial realities of this division.

Evans has yet to come up with a Plan B. I suspect he wants to sell but no-one will pay what he wants for the debt.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024