Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
putting aside for a minute.... 07:51 - Jan 3 with 774 viewsblueysbackside

....your thoughts on MM and ME.....

If as the club owner you thought your manager was leaving at the end of the season - and you believed the club was neither staying up or going down - would you be giving MM funds to spend this month?

If MM is going, then surely it's better to give the January kitty (if there is one) to the new man in charge at the end of the season.

If MM spends any dosh this month, how likely it is that a new man in place will get any money to spend?

putting aside for a minute.... on 08:09 - Jan 3 with 741 viewsJ2BLUE

I think we delude ourselves with these theories. The bottom line seems to be that we will spend very little each window. I’m not sure there is a transfer kitty, just a reluctant acceptance that we will sometimes have to buy players. We then go looking in the bargain bucket. Luckily we have a manager who is very good at picking cheap options and freebies and has probably taken us as high as anyone can with such resources.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

putting aside for a minute.... on 08:11 - Jan 3 with 732 viewshomer_123

putting aside for a minute.... on 08:09 - Jan 3 by J2BLUE

I think we delude ourselves with these theories. The bottom line seems to be that we will spend very little each window. I’m not sure there is a transfer kitty, just a reluctant acceptance that we will sometimes have to buy players. We then go looking in the bargain bucket. Luckily we have a manager who is very good at picking cheap options and freebies and has probably taken us as high as anyone can with such resources.

Agreed J2, as I stated here:

"The issue, as I see it, is that our owner seems disinclined to 'invest' in his managers - therefore, any manager coming in, is likely to have to work within the same financial constraints that Mick has been working under.

If that is the case - then, who is better than Mick (and available to us under our current financial situ) in working under those circumstances? It feels like 'better the devil you know', at the moment. "

At the end of last season when a lot on here wanted Mick to go .... by homer_123 3 Jan 2018 7:59
As I replied to Joe last night.

If I thought a change of manager would bring about a genuine change in our fortunes, then I'd be supporting said change with greater vigor.

The issue, as I see it, is that our owner seems disinclined to 'invest' in his managers - therefore, any manager coming in, is likely to have to work within the same financial constraints that Mick has been working under.

If that is the case - then, who is better than Mick (and available to us under our current financial situ) in working under those circumstances? It feels like 'better the devil you know', at the moment.

If the financial landscape does change or could change with a change in manager (and I'm not advocating spending tens of millions), then I agree, it's time for a change.

Otherwise, we might find ourselves out of the frying pan and into the fire.

All the above being said - I can completely see that a change may well be needed regardless. As Joe pointed out, season ticket sales are coming up, the relationship between Mick and the fans is deteriorating daily, among many other things.

The slightly ironic thing for me, is that I believe Mick has actually made some positive signings this season and also attempted to play with both a little more attacking flair and variety - it's not perfect but it's an improvement.

Finally, what I would say is that I'd like Mick to be remembered for the positives he brought to the Club - I do, believe he's done a very decent/ good job under the circumstances he has had to work under. He certainly has been a very significant improvement over Jewell and Keane.

[Post edited 3 Jan 2018 8:11]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024