Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A final thought from me....Pennington......he reads the game well for a young 19:03 - Sep 2 with 865 viewshomer_123

Lad doesn't he!

Thought he was very good today.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

A final thought from me....Pennington......he reads the game well for a young on 19:07 - Sep 2 with 857 viewsPJH

I thought he looked very good today.

Purely based on today I think that he and Jon Walters are far and away Hurst's best signings,in part because they have both played at the level and above which is something that has been lacking from almost all of the other signings.
A final thought from me....Pennington......he reads the game well for a young on 19:10 - Sep 2 with 833 viewshomer_123

A final thought from me....Pennington......he reads the game well for a young on 19:07 - Sep 2 by PJH

Purely based on today I think that he and Jon Walters are far and away Hurst's best signings,in part because they have both played at the level and above which is something that has been lacking from almost all of the other signings.

I statedon here earlier.

For me, those two show just what we are lacking quality wise at the moment. We do have potential but it's just that at the moment.

Pennington looked so comfortable, nothing fancy but time and again his positional play and reading of the game was a couple of levels above anyone else.

Very assured.

A final thought from me....Pennington......he reads the game well for a young on 19:12 - Sep 2 with 819 viewspointofblue

A final thought from me....Pennington......he reads the game well for a young on 19:10 - Sep 2 by homer_123

I statedon here earlier.

For me, those two show just what we are lacking quality wise at the moment. We do have potential but it's just that at the moment.

Pennington looked so comfortable, nothing fancy but time and again his positional play and reading of the game was a couple of levels above anyone else.

Very assured.

Dare I say it but, if we sign Collins, him and Pennington at centre back? I'd only suggest this if Collins is a left sided centre back but both with Premier League experience...

Would be harsh on Chambers and you'd have to question how dropping the captain would affect the squad.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

A final thought from me....Pennington......he reads the game well for a young on 19:14 - Sep 2 with 810 viewshomer_123

A final thought from me....Pennington......he reads the game well for a young on 19:12 - Sep 2 by pointofblue

Dare I say it but, if we sign Collins, him and Pennington at centre back? I'd only suggest this if Collins is a left sided centre back but both with Premier League experience...

Would be harsh on Chambers and you'd have to question how dropping the captain would affect the squad.

I doubt PH would have an issue with dropping Chambers. He's just dropped Bart.

A final thought from me....Pennington......he reads the game well for a young on 19:18 - Sep 2 with 795 viewsPJH

A final thought from me....Pennington......he reads the game well for a young on 19:10 - Sep 2 by homer_123

I statedon here earlier.

Very assured.

Yes, only just looked back at your post which says what I am thinking.
As much Championship level (or better) experience as possible is/was needed and those two have added that.They both know what they are doing rather than trying to learn the job whilst trying to do it.
I found the idea that signing someone was a good idea "because he has not played at this level before" as a bad thing not the good thing it was claimed to be with nearly all the earlier signings.
A final thought from me....Pennington......he reads the game well for a young on 19:20 - Sep 2 with 780 viewsPJH

A final thought from me....Pennington......he reads the game well for a young on 19:14 - Sep 2 by homer_123

I doubt PH would have an issue with dropping Chambers. He's just dropped Bart.

I don't think he would have an issue with it either but I thought Chambers was very good today and he and Pennington worked quite well as a pair.
A final thought from me....Pennington......he reads the game well for a young on 19:23 - Sep 2 with 762 viewsReuser_is_God

A final thought from me....Pennington......he reads the game well for a young on 19:07 - Sep 2 by PJH

Indeed.

Those 2 were our best players today by some distance.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

A final thought from me....Pennington......he reads the game well for a young on 19:25 - Sep 2 with 751 viewsGuthrum

Was quite impressed. Especially as he's only had a couple of days with the squad.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024