Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The sadness I feel after learning about Kevin Beattie is 16:16 - Sep 16 with 740 viewsBattersea_Blue

just heartbreaking.

He was my hero, simple as that.

I was in awe of him watching him play. So much ability, so much strength, so much character.

I have so many memories of him playing and was fortunate enough to meet him a couple of times. He gave me a headache tablet at the hotel in Helsingborg as I was checking out. I had a beer with him the previous night in the team hotel - what a night - and had such a hangover. He saw me struggling, walked over and gave me 2 tablets.

From a playing perspective, he was a colossus. So many flashbacks. The primary one was a game against West Ham. From memory we won 4-0 or 4-1 and he made one of his trademark surging runs, out-muscled defenders and scored. I remember the commentary on tv - "look the power, look at the power" or words to that effect. Just tried to find it on Youtube, but can't.

Rest in peace mighty man, just can't sink in that he's gone.
The sadness I feel after learning about Kevin Beattie is on 16:17 - Sep 16 with 730 viewstrncbluearmy

“ His eyes, they shine like Diamonds,
They call him the King of the Land,
And there stood Kevin Beattie,
Born with the Cup in his hands”
[Post edited 16 Sep 2018 16:18]
The sadness I feel after learning about Kevin Beattie is on 16:19 - Sep 16 with 705 viewsconnorscontract

Truly shocking, terribly sad news.

RIP
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024