Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
leaving the ground 17:12 - Feb 10 with 1832 viewsrichbeemer

Oddly, felt better than last year
leaving the ground on 17:16 - Feb 10 with 1811 viewsTractorCam

Not really when you think about it.

Last year we had our own little 'battle for highest place' going on, and to draw the way we did. Today we already knew what was coming and hasn't affected our season in anyway.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

leaving the ground on 17:23 - Feb 10 with 1755 viewsrichbeemer

leaving the ground on 17:16 - Feb 10 by TractorCam

Not really when you think about it.

Last year we had our own little 'battle for highest place' going on, and to draw the way we did. Today we already knew what was coming and hasn't affected our season in anyway.

I’m not saying it was a logical emotion - but last year was a heartbreaking final rug puller, whereas this year we’d lost after 60 seconds. Despite a decent effort for 30 mins and the score line flattering them massively I’d resigned myself to defeat very early on.
leaving the ground on 17:25 - Feb 10 with 1739 viewsTractorCam

leaving the ground on 17:23 - Feb 10 by richbeemer

I’m not saying it was a logical emotion - but last year was a heartbreaking final rug puller, whereas this year we’d lost after 60 seconds. Despite a decent effort for 30 mins and the score line flattering them massively I’d resigned myself to defeat very early on.

Me too, even though we were playing fairly decent at 1-0, given our recent history with them and the league positions i was only asking myself how long before the 2nd, despite my desperate hopes and dreams!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

leaving the ground on 17:48 - Feb 10 with 1641 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

leaving the ground on 17:23 - Feb 10 by richbeemer

It's the little things huh?
leaving the ground on 17:58 - Feb 10 with 1587 viewsBenters2

How was it going in?did you get checked?
leaving the ground on 18:17 - Feb 10 with 1472 viewsrichbeemer

leaving the ground on 17:58 - Feb 10 by Benters2

How was it going in?did you get checked?

Not much different to last few years
leaving the ground on 18:24 - Feb 10 with 1421 viewsBenters2

leaving the ground on 18:17 - Feb 10 by richbeemer

Not much different to last few years

Interesting,any trouble to report?
leaving the ground on 18:29 - Feb 10 with 1379 viewsrichbeemer

leaving the ground on 18:24 - Feb 10 by Benters2

Interesting,any trouble to report?

None that I could see, apart from having to walk all the way to the station when I’d parked 10 minutes in the opposite direction
Login to get fewer ads

leaving the ground on 18:45 - Feb 10 with 1304 viewsBenters2

leaving the ground on 18:29 - Feb 10 by richbeemer

None that I could see, apart from having to walk all the way to the station when I’d parked 10 minutes in the opposite direction

Sounds about right.
leaving the ground on 19:07 - Feb 10 with 1174 viewslowhouseblue

because this year we know it doesn't matter. we've even come to terms with not being able to compete with narwich. we've made it to acceptance - just closure still to come.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2019 19:08]

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024