Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nice BBC piece on Archibald Leitch here 07:39 - Apr 25 with 1028 viewsSteve_M

Designer of football stands par excellence.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-48028660

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Nice BBC piece on Archibald Leitch here on 09:24 - Apr 25 with 969 viewsSwansea_Blue

Good read that. I wasn't aware of the Ibrox disaster when the back of the terracing collapsed.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Nice BBC piece on Archibald Leitch here on 09:29 - Apr 25 with 952 viewsITFC_Forever

I've got one of Simon Inglis' books somewhere - Football Grounds of Britain, which was published in the 80s, and described the history of and current (at the time) ground of every club in the 92 in the Football League and also Wembley and the top teams in Scotland.

The 12 year old me read it cover-to-cover.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2019 9:53]

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Nice BBC piece on Archibald Leitch here on 09:49 - Apr 25 with 935 viewsFifeITFC

Cheers for the link, a great read. I have both the Simon Inglis book and the Engineering Archie one mentioned. A brilliant architect.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Nice BBC piece on Archibald Leitch here on 10:37 - Apr 25 with 896 viewsRadlett_blue

Good to be reminded of the brief existence of Thames AFC. I doubt many know that they had the largest capacity football stadium in England (120,000), but attracted average crowds of 2,500.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thames_A.F.C.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Nice BBC piece on Archibald Leitch here on 10:39 - Apr 25 with 892 viewsRadlett_blue

Nice BBC piece on Archibald Leitch here on 09:24 - Apr 25 by Swansea_Blue

Good read that. I wasn't aware of the Ibrox disaster when the back of the terracing collapsed.

I was aware of the original Ibrox Disaster, but didn't know Leitch had designed the ground & was impressed that he salvaged an outstanding career. Nowadays, he would have been hounded into oblivion.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024