Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I've not been critical of Lambert yet, and it seems churlish after a win 11:17 - Aug 21 with 564 viewsBrixtonBlue

But his tactics last night were baffling. We seemed to be either playing the wrong formation or the wrong tactics for most of the game. Long balls in the vague direction of an isolated Norwood aren't gonna (and didn't) work. Especially against Wimbledon. If we must go long, we need two up there. If we must have one up top, we need to pass to him (and support him).

Things changed with the substitutions, so credit to Lambert making an effort to get it right (and yes, we did ultimately win, just). It was a fantastic ending but we seemed to make it jolly hard on ourselves, unnecessarily. Lambert and his assistant know more than I'll ever know about football, so maybe I'm missing something.

There were still plenty of plus points - the new winger from Spurs looked lively, skilful, and took excellent set pieces for the most part. Woolfie was excellent, as was Wilson (who surprised me). Downes and Skuse excellent, as was Norwood. Kenlock was ok overall.

I used to think Donacian was decent at right back but he was awful. Thankfully we have a replacement lined up. He at least realised his limitations attacking-wise by often passing to someone else to cross rather than himself, but even his defending was bad last night. His confidence looks shot to me. I had high hopes for Rowe too, but he didn't do too much right.

Felt sorry for El Miz getting the hook - thought he was the best player first half. Dozzell, as always, showed glimpses of what he can be - that pass that sent Norwood away was the pass of the night. Just would to like to see him more involved.

I was regretting the £35 train fare up from London at half time, but worth it for the ending. I just wish we wouldn't make it so difficult for ourselves in the first place!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

I've not been critical of Lambert yet, and it seems churlish after a win on 12:24 - Aug 21 with 481 viewsJ2BLUE

I don't think there would be as many long balls if the crowd was more patient. Donacien and Kenlock got about a second on the ball before the crowd got on their backs to do something so they seemed to panic and lump it forward aimlessly.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I've not been critical of Lambert yet, and it seems churlish after a win on 12:27 - Aug 21 with 474 viewsReuser_is_God

They were but at least he admitted it & changed it.

433 works but El Miz out on the left isn't his position so he had no width down that side. Also the midfield 3 was far too flat 1st half.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024