Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cricket: Anyone else there today? 21:23 - Sep 13 with 961 viewsSteve_M

It's been an absolutely cracking day's play, really good Test match cricket. England definitely ahead in the match bit wasn't expecting that at tea. Archer and Curran bowled superbly.

It was bloody hot too, my face is glowing a little at the moment.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Cricket: Anyone else there today? on 21:42 - Sep 13 with 922 viewsvapour_trail

We failed to meet up at the cricket again Steve! I slapped on the factor 50 a couple of times so not
So red but it was bloody hot after lunch.

I thought the Aussies played poorly but yes Curran and Archer were excellent, the tally of overs they both bowled told the story of the day.

Smith was annoying to watch bat, but so effective. The Lyons Siddle partnership grated, but otherwise a wonderful day to watch cricket.

The final over from hazlewood with the dropped catch and overturned lbw from the final ball was the icing on the cake.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Cricket: Anyone else there today? on 22:12 - Sep 13 with 889 viewsSteve_M

Cricket: Anyone else there today? on 21:42 - Sep 13 by vapour_trail

We failed to meet up at the cricket again Steve! I slapped on the factor 50 a couple of times so not
So red but it was bloody hot after lunch.

I thought the Aussies played poorly but yes Curran and Archer were excellent, the tally of overs they both bowled told the story of the day.

Smith was annoying to watch bat, but so effective. The Lyons Siddle partnership grated, but otherwise a wonderful day to watch cricket.

The final over from hazlewood with the dropped catch and overturned lbw from the final ball was the icing on the cake.

I wasn't expecting it to be that hot. Liberal use of the after sun and is not too bad now.

And, yes, the last over just wrapped the day up nicely.

Cricket: Anyone else there today? on 22:20 - Sep 13 with 872 viewsvapour_trail

Cricket: Anyone else there today? on 22:12 - Sep 13 by Steve_M

I wasn't expecting it to be that hot. Liberal use of the after sun and is not too bad now.

And, yes, the last over just wrapped the day up nicely.

Where were you sat, Steve?

Cricket: Anyone else there today? on 22:22 - Sep 13 with 869 viewsStokieBlue

So come on. In the flesh. How good is Smith?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Cricket: Anyone else there today? on 22:39 - Sep 13 with 857 viewsvapour_trail

Cricket: Anyone else there today? on 22:22 - Sep 13 by StokieBlue

So come on. In the flesh. How good is Smith?

SB

I was a little behind square to the wicket so you can’t give the best take, but

When he came in, I was watching him at the expense of the bowler and he seemed a bit static, not shuffling across the stumps, and he wafted at a couple.

Once he got to about 8 runs, he was in and you felt he would stay in all day. He’s no Lara or Bell or Richards to watch but he plays some exquisite shots in amongst all the oddities and bo11ockings he gives himself when he misses out.

Curran troubled him more than anyone has all summer bar archer at lords. And should have had him caught behind. Woakes did eventually.

Without Smith, England would have won the ashes.

Cricket: Anyone else there today? on 23:56 - Sep 13 with 784 viewsStokieBlue

Cricket: Anyone else there today? on 22:39 - Sep 13 by vapour_trail

When he came in, I was watching him at the expense of the bowler and he seemed a bit static, not shuffling across the stumps, and he wafted at a couple.

Once he got to about 8 runs, he was in and you felt he would stay in all day. He’s no Lara or Bell or Richards to watch but he plays some exquisite shots in amongst all the oddities and bo11ockings he gives himself when he misses out.

Curran troubled him more than anyone has all summer bar archer at lords. And should have had him caught behind. Woakes did eventually.

Accidental down vote.

Great summary.

Thanks.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Cricket: Anyone else there today? on 06:56 - Sep 14 with 699 viewsSteve_M

Cricket: Anyone else there today? on 22:39 - Sep 13 by vapour_trail

We were similar, in the Peter May stand towards the back. Were you that side or opposite?

Agree on Smith, Labauschagne looked far more fluid but Smith just accumulates runs and as soon as there's a slightly loose ball it's four. And he makes that bit look effortless. It was also good to see the vast majority of the crowd applauding him off, there's no way I was booing him after he's been so good all Summer.

Cricket: Anyone else there today? on 08:41 - Sep 14 with 612 viewsvapour_trail

Cricket: Anyone else there today? on 06:56 - Sep 14 by Steve_M

We were similar, in the Peter May stand towards the back. Were you that side or opposite?

Agree on Smith, Labauschagne looked far more fluid but Smith just accumulates runs and as soon as there's a slightly loose ball it's four. And he makes that bit look effortless. It was also good to see the vast majority of the crowd applauding him off, there's no way I was booing him after he's been so good all Summer.

Just along from you, back of OCS adjacent to Peter may.

A rare treat to see a full Aussie innings in a single day.

Login to get fewer ads

Cricket: Anyone else there today? on 08:45 - Sep 14 with 606 viewsCoastalblue

I sat in the Bedser yesterday, am in the OCS stand today in a group of four.

Can't wait, had a fantastic day yesterday. Looking forward to the sun, I was literally in shadow all day yesterday and it was quite cool.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024