Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will Teddy ever reach his full potential? 18:28 - Jan 31 with 657 viewsmidastouch

I know we can only speculate about these things. And we all know he's had a lot of bad luck with injuries.
He's only ever scored 1 goal for us (which was over 5 seasons ago I think) in 89 games. And he's played less than 50 league games (49 to be precise) over the last 5 seasons (a good number of those coming off from the bench) due to his injury woes. We all know how good he looked when he burst on to the scene during our Play Off season. He was linked with big clubs and there was a lot of buzz about Teddy. But that was over 5 years ago now. Anybody starting to lose belief that Teddy will ever make good on the exciting potential shown back in the 2014-15 season? He's shown glimpses of what he can do but he's never looked half the player to me as he did back in 2014-15. Given there are exciting prospects like Dobra and El Mizouni waiting in the wings, you have to wonder how much longer he'll be given to start delivering the goods before others jump the queue.
I'd love to see him come good but 5 years in the wilderness with only fleeting stop-go false dawn comebacks, does seem a long while to have waited thus far.
Do you think he might start to make a statement again this season at last or do you think next season perhaps? Or is Teddy destined to be another "didn't live up to his early promise" casualties of football?
Any thoughts?

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

Will Teddy ever reach his full potential? on 19:17 - Jan 31 with 547 viewsCoco

His body isn’t up to it and he is weak of mind.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Will Teddy ever reach his full potential? on 19:32 - Jan 31 with 525 viewsMattinLondon

Will Teddy ever reach his full potential? on 19:17 - Jan 31 by Coco

His body isn’t up to it and he is weak of mind.

Given the injuries that he has had, and given that he is still young, if he was weak minded he would probably have given up on football ages ago. The fact that he is still playing must show that he isn’t ‘weak’ at all.
Will Teddy ever reach his full potential? on 19:40 - Jan 31 with 505 viewsEly_Blue

Will Teddy ever reach his full potential? on 19:32 - Jan 31 by MattinLondon

Given the injuries that he has had, and given that he is still young, if he was weak minded he would probably have given up on football ages ago. The fact that he is still playing must show that he isn’t ‘weak’ at all.

Or he has nothing else to fall back on given he’s played football since such a young age

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024