Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are we the worst club in English football? 19:07 - Feb 8 with 1456 viewsgrow_our_own

If you plot a table by club-size, based on factors like average attendance, transfer budget, squad wages & stadium size, Man Utd would be top. We would be around 25th.

Then you plot a relative performance table, where a point is scored for each league position above club-size table position, and a point is deducted for each league position below club-size position. For example, Man Utd are currently 7th, so score minus 6.

Our league position is 51st (20 in prem + 24 in champ + our 7th position in league one), which puts us on minus 26.

I know not the most scientific (I'd love someone to do a thorough empirical analysis), but I think if Sunderland climb a few more positions above us, it would be between us and Plymouth to take the mantle as worst club in English football. Every club below us is smaller, and many smaller clubs are above us.

Quite an achievement Mr Evans & Mr Lambert, congratulations.
Are we the worst club in English football? on 19:25 - Feb 8 with 1345 viewsrfretwell

What a load of Cr-p that is Grow your Own.
Are we the worst club in English football? on 19:46 - Feb 8 with 1247 viewslambo77

more cheeping cheeps from another budgie
Are we the worst club in English football? on 19:48 - Feb 8 with 1236 viewsMrTown

In professional football, with the context of everything, we are certainly down there.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Are we the worst club in English football? on 19:52 - Feb 8 with 1205 viewshaynes_toe1

What does this actually matter or mean?!
Are we the worst club in English football? on 20:00 - Feb 8 with 1147 viewsPecker

Wow. Think that has to be the over reaction of the season.
Are we the worst club in English football? on 20:08 - Feb 8 with 1102 viewsdaisyisabaddog

Are we the worst club in English football? on 20:00 - Feb 8 by Pecker

Wow. Think that has to be the over reaction of the season.

25th!

How on earth do you work that out? The absolute best we can hope for based on club size and budget is middle of the Championship. Which is where we were until we sacked MM.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024