Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Poor disaster response planning coming back to bite them on the bum 16:11 - Mar 17 with 786 viewsSwansea_Blue

I know we don't have enough staff to operate them, but this seems a bit shoddy. Maybe previous administrations through the 00s didn't bother to address an known issue around ventilator capacity because they knew they wouldn't have the staff? Who knows.

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/health/2020/03/government-documents-show-n

Trump getting a kicking for similar too - both after saying that he didn't know about the Pandemic Unit he shut down (despite being on record explaining it - but we've done that), and now saying they were caught short and this is a completely unexpected event, despite his team being involved in earlier pandemic planning scenarios (thread):

People deserve better.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Poor disaster response planning coming back to bite them on the bum on 16:36 - Mar 17 with 704 viewsmonytowbray

I feel like we're living in a movie where something bad is about to happen and the expert runs to the authorities, but the authorities have the bad guy who says "YOU'RE A MAD MAN IT'S FINE" then does everything possible to make the problem worse before the expert saves the day.

Ghostbusters IRL.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Poor disaster response planning coming back to bite them on the bum on 16:50 - Mar 17 with 674 viewsSwansea_Blue

Poor disaster response planning coming back to bite them on the bum on 16:36 - Mar 17 by monytowbray

I feel like we're living in a movie where something bad is about to happen and the expert runs to the authorities, but the authorities have the bad guy who says "YOU'RE A MAD MAN IT'S FINE" then does everything possible to make the problem worse before the expert saves the day.

Ghostbusters IRL.

lol

Funny you should mention disaster movies, have you seen this?

In fairness, we're in unprecedented times, so it's going to be hard for whoever was in charge.

If you'd have asked me before this all kicked off which government over the last 40 years would you want in charge of a global scale pandemic, I think Boris and Cummings would have been pretty close to the bottom of the list. But they're who we've got. Let's hope they put more safeguards in place for the vulnerable (medically and financially).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Poor disaster response planning coming back to bite them on the bum on 17:19 - Mar 17 with 622 viewsBugs

Poor disaster response planning coming back to bite them on the bum on 16:50 - Mar 17 by Swansea_Blue

lol

Funny you should mention disaster movies, have you seen this?

In fairness, we're in unprecedented times, so it's going to be hard for whoever was in charge.

If you'd have asked me before this all kicked off which government over the last 40 years would you want in charge of a global scale pandemic, I think Boris and Cummings would have been pretty close to the bottom of the list. But they're who we've got. Let's hope they put more safeguards in place for the vulnerable (medically and financially).

I pretty much despised Cameron, and didn't think much better of May. But I would have either of them as PM now over this joke of a man and his vile chief adviser.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024