Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it normal for the ‘MERICANS to just casually mention who they want to fight 02:10 - Mar 25 with 1310 viewsmonytowbray

https://www.stripes.com/news/us/marines-to-reduce-force-by-12-000-decrease-artil

I mean name dropping China and Russia as the people you’re preparing to fight. Is this a normal thing?

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Is it normal for the ‘MERICANS to just casually mention who they want to fight on 02:34 - Mar 25 with 1266 viewsjeera

They are the world's problem, not everyone else.

Cuba has sent personnel to Italy, Russia has also sent supplies.

The US President has stood about insulting and bad-mouthing everyone, then begging for help behind the scenes.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Is it normal for the ‘MERICANS to just casually mention who they want to fight on 02:59 - Mar 25 with 1245 viewsIllinoisblue

Not exactly a mainstream source you’re quoting from there!

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Is it normal for the ‘MERICANS to just casually mention who they want to fight on 03:02 - Mar 25 with 1249 viewsIllinoisblue

Is it normal for the ‘MERICANS to just casually mention who they want to fight on 02:34 - Mar 25 by jeera

The US President has stood about insulting and bad-mouthing everyone, then begging for help behind the scenes.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/24/health/kentucky-coronavirus-party-infection/index

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Is it normal for the ‘MERICANS to just casually mention who they want to fight on 03:28 - Mar 25 with 1226 viewsmonytowbray

Is it normal for the ‘MERICANS to just casually mention who they want to fight on 02:59 - Mar 25 by Illinoisblue

Not exactly a mainstream source you’re quoting from there!

I don’t know what the source is to be fair, an old teen mate who is marines (I grew up near RAF Lakenheath) shared it on FB.

Queue loads of army mates of his commenting as if they stand a chance of beating China or Russia in a war.

TWTD never forgets…

Is it normal for the ‘MERICANS to just casually mention who they want to fight on 03:32 - Mar 25 with 1221 viewsmonytowbray

Is it normal for the ‘MERICANS to just casually mention who they want to fight on 03:02 - Mar 25 by Illinoisblue

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/24/health/kentucky-coronavirus-party-infection/index

I literally could have cried watching the Governor’s conference earlier. Especially considering NY has such a “f*ck you we’re NY and we can survive anything” approach to life. Sounds like a man defeated and out of ideas.

TWTD never forgets…

Is it normal for the ‘MERICANS to just casually mention who they want to fight on 09:05 - Mar 25 with 1031 viewsGuthrum

In reality, yes. A military will always have designated likely adversaries they set their forces up to counter. Including design of specific equipment. The Russians and Chinese use pretty much the same language in the other direction. The South Korean military is deliberately organised and deployed to counter the North and vice versa. And so on.

During the Cold War we in the UK were publicly and openly preparing in case of a conflict with the Soviet Union.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Is it normal for the ‘MERICANS to just casually mention who they want to fight on 09:15 - Mar 25 with 1010 viewsGuthrum

Is it normal for the ‘MERICANS to just casually mention who they want to fight on 03:28 - Mar 25 by monytowbray

I don’t know what the source is to be fair, an old teen mate who is marines (I grew up near RAF Lakenheath) shared it on FB.

Queue loads of army mates of his commenting as if they stand a chance of beating China or Russia in a war.

In a straight, stand-up fight, the US alone would stand a very good chance of beating Russia. It's worth comparing their levels of military expenditure* and (active) manpower. The Chinese would be a tougher prospect, but I would expect the Americans to at least fight any offensives to a halt.

* Even after decades of heavy cuts, the UK still spends nearly as much per year as the Russians.

Is it normal for the ‘MERICANS to just casually mention who they want to fight on 09:18 - Mar 25 with 1001 viewsStokieBlue

Firstly, that's not a great source.

Secondly, they haven't said they are prepared to fight them in the way you are implying. They have said they must be ready to counter threats and the two biggest of those are China and Russia and thus they need to be prepared for the types of forces those countries hold.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

Is it normal for the ‘MERICANS to just casually mention who they want to fight on 09:20 - Mar 25 with 994 viewsStokieBlue

Is it normal for the ‘MERICANS to just casually mention who they want to fight on 03:28 - Mar 25 by monytowbray

Nobody can "beat" anyone anymore especially when it comes to ground invasions.

The US has a much better chance of beating either of those two countries than vice versa though with regards to air superiority and denial of territory around the world - the technology gap is still there and the expenditure is huge. Why don't you think they stand a chance?

Don't forget the Blackbird was built in 1966 and they haven't shown anyone what they have replaced it with - all that money goes somewhere.

SB

Is it normal for the ‘MERICANS to just casually mention who they want to fight on 09:22 - Mar 25 with 981 viewsStokieBlue

Is it normal for the ‘MERICANS to just casually mention who they want to fight on 02:34 - Mar 25 by jeera

Yes, Trump is a total idiot and has been extremely bad through this whole situation.

They have offered to help some enemies though. They offered to send doctors and medical supplies to Iran to help curb the virus there which is out of control and Iran said no and blamed the US for the virus.

They could certainly do more though.

SB

Is it normal for the ‘MERICANS to just casually mention who they want to fight on 09:23 - Mar 25 with 978 viewsmonytowbray

Is it normal for the ‘MERICANS to just casually mention who they want to fight on 09:18 - Mar 25 by StokieBlue

Firstly, that's not a great source.

Secondly, they haven't said they are prepared to fight them in the way you are implying. They have said they must be ready to counter threats and the two biggest of those are China and Russia and thus they need to be prepared for the types of forces those countries hold.

SB

Fair. That site is military news. I’ve seen it about a lot due to my local connections but no idea how reliable it is. The press release is cited on a few other sites in recent days though.

TWTD never forgets…

Is it normal for the ‘MERICANS to just casually mention who they want to fight on 09:29 - Mar 25 with 953 viewsGuthrum

Is it normal for the ‘MERICANS to just casually mention who they want to fight on 09:23 - Mar 25 by monytowbray

Fair. That site is military news. I’ve seen it about a lot due to my local connections but no idea how reliable it is. The press release is cited on a few other sites in recent days though.

Stars and Stripes is the US military's in-house newspaper (tho editorially independent of the Pentagon). It has a pretty massive circulation, including online.

For stuff like that, I'd say it's pretty reliable.

Is it normal for the ‘MERICANS to just casually mention who they want to fight on 09:34 - Mar 25 with 942 viewsmonytowbray

Is it normal for the ‘MERICANS to just casually mention who they want to fight on 09:29 - Mar 25 by Guthrum

Stars and Stripes is the US military's in-house newspaper (tho editorially independent of the Pentagon). It has a pretty massive circulation, including online.

For stuff like that, I'd say it's pretty reliable.

That’s what I thought. I’ve seen print copies of it around for YEARS.

TWTD never forgets…

Is it normal for the ‘MERICANS to just casually mention who they want to fight on 09:46 - Mar 25 with 909 viewsGuthrum

Is it normal for the ‘MERICANS to just casually mention who they want to fight on 09:34 - Mar 25 by monytowbray

That’s what I thought. I’ve seen print copies of it around for YEARS.

It's been going for well over a century.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024