Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Check carefully if you get a fine by text for breaching Covid-19 measures 07:39 - Apr 5 with 838 viewsWeWereZombies

Just received this from my bank:

'Gov.uk scams
Ignore text messages from the government claiming to be fining you for leaving the house. There’s often a link to a fake gov.uk website where you can ‘appeal’ and enter your bank details to get the money back. These details can be used to try and access your bank account and your money.'

Also suggests that the usual HMRC scams and investment scams are adapting to the virus as well as a new strain of name, address and bank account details phishing enquires from sources claiming to be the NHS, WHO or 'Good Samaritan' facebook and Nextdoor groups.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Check carefully if you get a fine by text for breaching Covid-19 measures on 12:28 - Apr 5 with 660 viewsLeaky

Had one allegedly from BT. Offering me a loyalty bonus, turns out it was a free I phone. I thought that's good, goes through the online form then they ask for debit card details, I'm thinking its a free phone why do you want card details obviously phisching.
Check carefully if you get a fine by text for breaching Covid-19 measures on 13:08 - Apr 5 with 636 viewsPendejo

I have been sending as many emails to bt's phishing reporting email address as reading last couple of days. It's amazing how many companies I have never given my details to seem to be offering discount vouchers.
Also these emails are addressed to the made up name I used to set up the account with partly to identify scams rather than my email address.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Check carefully if you get a fine by text for breaching Covid-19 measures on 17:47 - Apr 5 with 538 viewsbritbiker

Plus today is the last day of financial year so expect the usual inland revenue refund scam emails to start
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024