Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Help with furlough needed 12:20 - Apr 16 with 749 viewsgrecko

I rarely post on here but I know there's some right clever people who do, so was hoping for some advice.

I have just been put on furlough and my employer is paying me 80% of my basic salary, but said wage is very low and nearly doubled with bonus/commission.

Needless to say, I wouldn't work for them on the basic wage.

After a look on the gov site, it suggests that commission should be taken into account, though my HR department disagrees.

Anyone have any expertise on this?
Help with furlough needed on 12:29 - Apr 16 with 713 viewsAndrew4445

I am just looking at this for our company and found this:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/claim-for-wage-costs-through-the-coronavirus-job-ret

Employees whose pay varies
If the employee has been employed for 12 months or more, you can claim the highest of either the:

same month’s earning from the previous year
average monthly earnings for the 2019-2020 tax year
If the employee has been employed for less than 12 months, claim for 80% of their average monthly earnings since they started work until the date they are furloughed.

If they have been employed for less than a month, work out a pro rata for their earnings so far, and claim for 80%.
Help with furlough needed on 12:32 - Apr 16 with 702 viewstractorboy1978

Help with furlough needed on 12:29 - Apr 16 by Andrew4445

I am just looking at this for our company and found this:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/claim-for-wage-costs-through-the-coronavirus-job-ret

Employees whose pay varies
If the employee has been employed for 12 months or more, you can claim the highest of either the:

same month’s earning from the previous year
average monthly earnings for the 2019-2020 tax year
If the employee has been employed for less than 12 months, claim for 80% of their average monthly earnings since they started work until the date they are furloughed.

If they have been employed for less than a month, work out a pro rata for their earnings so far, and claim for 80%.

In addition to that:

Past Overtime, Fees, Commission, Bonuses and non-cash payments

You can claim for any regular payments you are obliged to pay your employees. This includes wages, past overtime, fees and compulsory commission payments. However, discretionary bonus (including tips) and commission payments and non-cash payments should be excluded.

Depends on the contractual obligation to pay the commission as to whether it can be included or not.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2020 12:34]
Help with furlough needed on 12:48 - Apr 16 with 661 viewshampstead_blue

This is the guidance my employer has used

https://www.charlesrussellspeechlys.com/en/news-and-insights/insights/employment

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Help with furlough needed on 12:56 - Apr 16 with 643 viewsgrecko

Thanks for your input chaps, just got to convince HR now!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024