Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Absolutely brilliant interview with anonymous PL player about return of football 13:37 - May 4 with 1342 viewsjasondozzell

https://www.football365.com/news/back-septemvber-coronavirus-anonymous-footballe

What a decent bloke! And talking complete sense. Hanging on to faint hope that ootball is forced to change as a result of all this...
Absolutely brilliant interview with anonymous PL player about return of football on 14:06 - May 4 with 1218 viewsBent_double

Thanks, that was a superb read, a must for all fans of football.

Whoever 'Player X' is, he's a absolute star in my book - even if he's a budgie player (which I doubt!), lets hope a few more players in the PL and FL follow suit.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Absolutely brilliant interview with anonymous PL player about return of football on 14:14 - May 4 with 1186 viewsRadlett_blue

I understand the players' concern about re-starting play, but can't they all agree to forgo their salaries until football can re-start properly? Plenty of people are carrying on with their jobs in far more dangerous circumstances.
I would be amazed if the government allowed mass gatherings in stadiums if social distancing is still the norm. How could that possibly happen?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Absolutely brilliant interview with anonymous PL player about return of football on 14:47 - May 4 with 1126 viewsNotSure

That was a good read, as good as the discussion they had about a month ago. Especially agree with the playing behind closed doors idea, it will be sh*te.

Horse Racing, Greyhounds even Cricket can all work without crowds. Football would be awful.
Absolutely brilliant interview with anonymous PL player about return of football on 15:53 - May 4 with 1037 viewsRAW

It is just so wrong that clubs should be allowed to use tax payers money to furlough non playing staff when still paying players their lucrative salaries in full.

A lot of players made the excuse that the NHS would be losing out through their reduced tax contributions if they took a paycut, but they are really missing the point as they should be looking after their club's own staff first and stopping their club from potential financial meltdown. And there would still be plenty left for them to donate to NHS if they wish.
Absolutely brilliant interview with anonymous PL player about return of football on 16:01 - May 4 with 1023 viewsChrisd

Absolutely brilliant interview with anonymous PL player about return of football on 15:53 - May 4 by RAW

It is just so wrong that clubs should be allowed to use tax payers money to furlough non playing staff when still paying players their lucrative salaries in full.

A lot of players made the excuse that the NHS would be losing out through their reduced tax contributions if they took a paycut, but they are really missing the point as they should be looking after their club's own staff first and stopping their club from potential financial meltdown. And there would still be plenty left for them to donate to NHS if they wish.

That's exactly how I saw it too. I thought that regardless of where they worked within the club, look after each other first, you're one big team.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Absolutely brilliant interview with anonymous PL player about return of football on 17:08 - May 4 with 927 viewsBasuco

Absolutely brilliant interview with anonymous PL player about return of football on 16:01 - May 4 by Chrisd

That's exactly how I saw it too. I thought that regardless of where they worked within the club, look after each other first, you're one big team.

The concept of being "one big team" does not appear to be shared by the PFA, unless they are suffering from some bad reporting.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024