Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It’s going to end 10:29 - Sep 26 with 605 viewsMoriarty

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/entertainment/tv/its-going-to-end-–-dr-fauci-drops-i

Dr Fauci believes a safe and effective vaccine could be available before the end of this year. Obviously will take time to make, distribute etc.

fka omuircheartaigh

It’s going to end on 10:48 - Sep 26 with 551 viewsOldsmoker

I looked at the link.
It contains the word 'entertainment'.

Covid-19 is not a matter of life and death. It's far more serious that that - it's entertainment!

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

It’s going to end on 11:37 - Sep 26 with 512 viewsMoriarty

It’s going to end on 10:48 - Sep 26 by Oldsmoker

I looked at the link.
It contains the word 'entertainment'.

Covid-19 is not a matter of life and death. It's far more serious that that - it's entertainment!

Well the interview took place as past of the Late Late Show which is practically an institution here.

Would be regarded as “entertainment” in some sense but that in no way diminishes the seriousness of the interview. The show has a long standing in Ireland of discussing serious issues and balancing those with milder entertainment.

fka omuircheartaigh

It’s going to end on 11:57 - Sep 26 with 491 viewsOldsmoker

It’s going to end on 11:37 - Sep 26 by Moriarty

Well the interview took place as past of the Late Late Show which is practically an institution here.

Would be regarded as “entertainment” in some sense but that in no way diminishes the seriousness of the interview. The show has a long standing in Ireland of discussing serious issues and balancing those with milder entertainment.

I've seen it a number of times over the years. Mainly YouTube extracts where the subject matter is so poignant and on the money.
I remember seeing a politician getting a 'roast' and taking it in good humour.
Wouldn't happen here.
The Irish have a unique way of sending themselves up which the English sadly miss.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

It’s going to end on 12:30 - Sep 26 with 443 viewsMoriarty

It’s going to end on 11:57 - Sep 26 by Oldsmoker

I've seen it a number of times over the years. Mainly YouTube extracts where the subject matter is so poignant and on the money.
I remember seeing a politician getting a 'roast' and taking it in good humour.
Wouldn't happen here.
The Irish have a unique way of sending themselves up which the English sadly miss.

The original host from the 1960s, Gay Byrne really broke some ground with some significant interviews and discussions.

He also tells a story of a possible move to the States a long time ago. It was suggested to Gay that his first name would have to change.

“How about your second name”, the American asked. “We could use that instead. What is it?”

“Mary” said Gay.

fka omuircheartaigh

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024