Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brett McGavin looks a player 19:41 - Nov 7 with 736 viewsMaySixth

really like the look of him

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Brett McGavin looks a player on 20:18 - Nov 7 with 687 viewsswede

He's certainly the best corner taker that we have.
Brett McGavin looks a player on 20:35 - Nov 7 with 651 viewsIpswichKnight

He’s class however you can bet Lambert won’t pick hi again this season as he tries to get a tube out of Nolan and Huws.
Brett McGavin looks a player on 20:55 - Nov 7 with 615 viewsmidastouch

The worrying thing for me is that it doesn't take that much to stand out in our current team.  A half-decent performance from just 1 or 2 of the players can really stand out when compared to the rest.  We need to see more of our players putting in consistent performances (and showing the necessary desire and quality) if we have any sort of realistic ambitions of getting out of this league in a hurry.  

We looked polished against Blackpool (some very nicely worked goals in that game) but it's been downhill since.  And Blackpool are way down the pecking order this season so it's not the best form yardstick to use either.

I'm still far from convinced about just how far we've progressed since last season.  I want to believe but whenever we run into a team with a bit more about them (such as Doncaster) we seem to come unstuck.  Until that changes I remain pessimistic. 

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

Brett McGavin looks a player on 21:04 - Nov 7 with 569 viewsmidastouch

Brett McGavin looks a player on 20:55 - Nov 7 by midastouch

The worrying thing for me is that it doesn't take that much to stand out in our current team.  A half-decent performance from just 1 or 2 of the players can really stand out when compared to the rest.  We need to see more of our players putting in consistent performances (and showing the necessary desire and quality) if we have any sort of realistic ambitions of getting out of this league in a hurry.  

We looked polished against Blackpool (some very nicely worked goals in that game) but it's been downhill since.  And Blackpool are way down the pecking order this season so it's not the best form yardstick to use either.

I'm still far from convinced about just how far we've progressed since last season.  I want to believe but whenever we run into a team with a bit more about them (such as Doncaster) we seem to come unstuck.  Until that changes I remain pessimistic. 

Put more simply, it looks like we're carrying too many passengers in the first team. Football is a brutal business and we need to cut our losses on some of them.

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

Brett McGavin looks a player on 21:21 - Nov 7 with 515 viewsBlueForYou

Thought he really grew into it. His corner kicks would create total chaos if we had anyone with aerial prowess at the neat post, & his long passing looked sublime. Seemed to run out of puff nearing the end of the 90 mins. An exceedingly exciting prospect. Hope to see what he can do with free kicks just outside the area.
Brett McGavin looks a player on 21:44 - Nov 7 with 472 viewsRocky

Brett McGavin looks a player on 21:21 - Nov 7 by BlueForYou

Thought he really grew into it. His corner kicks would create total chaos if we had anyone with aerial prowess at the neat post, & his long passing looked sublime. Seemed to run out of puff nearing the end of the 90 mins. An exceedingly exciting prospect. Hope to see what he can do with free kicks just outside the area.

His corners were consistently dangerous and he kept things moving in midfield much better than Nolan - who tends to go square/backwards too often. Certainly a far better option than Huws/Judge who are no longer up to it.
McGavin/Bishop/Dozzell looks to be a pretty good midfield in this division - with Flynn Downes waiting to return.
Brett McGavin looks a player on 21:50 - Nov 7 with 454 viewsBryanPlug

Brett McGavin looks a player on 20:35 - Nov 7 by IpswichKnight

He’s class however you can bet Lambert won’t pick hi again this season as he tries to get a tube out of Nolan and Huws.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024