Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nice article about Dan Lawrence here: 07:54 - Jan 12 with 570 viewsgordon

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/55578104

Good luck to him in a couple days time.
Nice article about Dan Lawrence here: on 08:06 - Jan 12 with 522 viewsChrisd

Nice article, thanks for sharing Gordon. Yes, hope he gets his chance, he's been consistently churning out the runs for Essex over the last couple of seasons and deserves his opportunity.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Nice article about Dan Lawrence here: on 08:12 - Jan 12 with 513 viewsgordon

Nice article about Dan Lawrence here: on 08:06 - Jan 12 by Chrisd

Nice article, thanks for sharing Gordon. Yes, hope he gets his chance, he's been consistently churning out the runs for Essex over the last couple of seasons and deserves his opportunity.

Think he's in because they don't have enough batting alternatives in the main squad - the only other option might be to play all three of Foakes, Buttler and Bairstow, which would look a bit bizarre (could be wrong though).

Guess the 11 might be something like:

Sibley
Crawley
Bairstow
Root
Lawrence
Buttler
Curran
Bess
Broad
Anderson
Leach
Nice article about Dan Lawrence here: on 08:17 - Jan 12 with 506 viewsIpswichKnight

Nice article about Dan Lawrence here: on 08:12 - Jan 12 by gordon

Think he's in because they don't have enough batting alternatives in the main squad - the only other option might be to play all three of Foakes, Buttler and Bairstow, which would look a bit bizarre (could be wrong though).

Guess the 11 might be something like:

Sibley
Crawley
Bairstow
Root
Lawrence
Buttler
Curran
Bess
Broad
Anderson
Leach

Not sure both Anderson and Broad will play, they’ve got both Wood and Stone fit and available and I’d probably look to play one as we will need some out and out pace. Sri Lanka had a horrid time at the hands of the South African quicks though I doubt Galle will be anything like Joburg!
Nice article about Dan Lawrence here: on 08:22 - Jan 12 with 493 viewsgordon

Nice article about Dan Lawrence here: on 08:17 - Jan 12 by IpswichKnight

Not sure both Anderson and Broad will play, they’ve got both Wood and Stone fit and available and I’d probably look to play one as we will need some out and out pace. Sri Lanka had a horrid time at the hands of the South African quicks though I doubt Galle will be anything like Joburg!

Yes you're almost certainly right, think the tests are pretty much all one after the other as well.
Nice article about Dan Lawrence here: on 09:04 - Jan 12 with 463 viewsIpswichKnight

Think they are as well. Reading somewhere that they really don’t want to rock up to Brisbane for the 1st test and give Stone is first cap there!

If it’s going to be a raging Turner do we look to play 3 spinners and drop Curran ( I think 2 is enough with Root and Lawrence both able to bowl as well).

At least working from home I can work and watch the cricket!
Nice article about Dan Lawrence here: on 09:29 - Jan 12 with 428 viewsgainsboroughblue

I reckon it will be

Sibley
Crawley
Bairstow
Root
Lawrence
Buttler
Curran (Woakes 2nd test if fit)
Bess (Ali 2nd test if fit)
Wood or Stone (swap for second test)
Broad or Anderson (swap for second test)
Leach

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Nice article about Dan Lawrence here: on 09:50 - Jan 12 with 393 viewsgordon

Nice article about Dan Lawrence here: on 09:04 - Jan 12 by IpswichKnight

Think they are as well. Reading somewhere that they really don’t want to rock up to Brisbane for the 1st test and give Stone is first cap there!

If it’s going to be a raging Turner do we look to play 3 spinners and drop Curran ( I think 2 is enough with Root and Lawrence both able to bowl as well).

Think with Root and Lawrence they've got enough, but who would the third spinner be anyway? Virdi?
[Post edited 12 Jan 2021 9:50]
Nice article about Dan Lawrence here: on 09:58 - Jan 12 with 378 viewsOlly

Nice article about Dan Lawrence here: on 09:04 - Jan 12 by IpswichKnight

I don't think they can bring in another spinner for Curran, the tail would be incredibly long then as none of the options in the squad (Crane, Parkinson, Virdi) can hold a bat. Maybe if Moeen is fit for the 2nd test he could come in at 7.

Personally fear it might be a long winter for us, the Indians look very good down under at the moment, albeit they appear to all be injured so we might have a shot!
Login to get fewer ads

Nice article about Dan Lawrence here: on 10:39 - Jan 12 with 365 viewsIpswichKnight

Nice article about Dan Lawrence here: on 09:58 - Jan 12 by Olly

I don't think they can bring in another spinner for Curran, the tail would be incredibly long then as none of the options in the squad (Crane, Parkinson, Virdi) can hold a bat. Maybe if Moeen is fit for the 2nd test he could come in at 7.

Personally fear it might be a long winter for us, the Indians look very good down under at the moment, albeit they appear to all be injured so we might have a shot!

Think that might be our best shot!

Your right about the tail it could become very long very quick! It would have to be a minefield for us to consider 3 Spinners.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024