Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First half: Tedium Incarnate 15:55 - Apr 5 with 636 viewsnshearman1

I know this is utter sacrilege at the moment, but I'm failing to see what difference Cook has brought to this lot. Still the same lack of shots on goal, the same poor passing and tackling and endless passing backwards to the backs to fiddle about with the ball in our half. If they can do it at the likes of Blackpool and Portsmouth, why not here? Everyone keeps blaming the players, but I see no new positive energy in the second halves, no great changes of tactics or substitutions; please, Paul Cook, make a difference this second half.
First half: Tedium Incarnate on 15:56 - Apr 5 with 605 viewssaffers12

We are even behind Women's basketball in using stats!!!
First half: Tedium Incarnate on 15:59 - Apr 5 with 583 viewsZXBlue

Very little.

But you cannot begin to judge the reasons for that at such an early stage.

This is a group of players lacking in some key areas, coached in certain ways for a long time, and with a mindset that is the product of 3 years of utter failure. That takes time and changes to address.
First half: Tedium Incarnate on 16:04 - Apr 5 with 531 viewsRobTheMonk

It's similar to when Lambert came in with that the results and performances from Hurst's team never really got going. This current team look devoid of any attacking threat. Defensively, we've looked alright.

The potential saving grace here is that Cook is generally well regarded. A Norwich fan across the road from me described Lambert as a mercenary last week.

Needs a transfer window and for Cook to cut out the deadwood (which when the ship is basically deadwood is going to be tough).
[Post edited 5 Apr 2021 16:05]
First half: Tedium Incarnate on 16:06 - Apr 5 with 513 viewslongtimefan

First half: Tedium Incarnate on 15:59 - Apr 5 by ZXBlue

Very little.

But you cannot begin to judge the reasons for that at such an early stage.

This is a group of players lacking in some key areas, coached in certain ways for a long time, and with a mindset that is the product of 3 years of utter failure. That takes time and changes to address.

Strange. The complaint under Lambert was they weren’t being coached but now they were over coached! Personally I think it’s too soon to judge Cook, but like the start of the Lambert era it’s somewhat worrying that there’s no real observable improvement yet.
First half: Tedium Incarnate on 16:11 - Apr 5 with 489 viewsZXBlue

First half: Tedium Incarnate on 16:06 - Apr 5 by longtimefan

Strange. The complaint under Lambert was they weren’t being coached but now they were over coached! Personally I think it’s too soon to judge Cook, but like the start of the Lambert era it’s somewhat worrying that there’s no real observable improvement yet.

"over coached"? How about poorly coached.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024