Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season write-off 17:26 - Apr 16 with 420 viewsNorthLondonBlue2

Well, if it wasn't written off before, the season is now.

I wondered whether the players' lack-lustre performances reflected their knowledge that most will be cast aside in a few weeks. Now we know the clear-out is going to be brutal, I'm sure that's right.

You would have thought it would push the players to up their game, if for no other reason than being in the shop window.

I expect to see the young 'uns featuring heavily in the last few games, which is always welcome.

And a summer of rumour, speculation, anticipation and . . . . ?
Season write-off on 17:28 - Apr 16 with 394 viewsHipsterectomy

I very much doubt PC will just throw the reserves or kids in - we play a few teams at the bottom of the table and I doubt he wants to make things (even easier?) easy against us which will hinder Wigan's chance of staying up

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Season write-off on 17:28 - Apr 16 with 393 viewswkj

I just think the players got used to Lambert not asking for any more, and the social club environment that Evans created. If any of those players are smart - they will start playing their arses off the next few games, if for no other reason than to salvage their careers with a new team next season.

You can't help but think if Paul Cooks writes off a play, there won't be many other managers who will see value in them when they leave.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Season write-off on 17:32 - Apr 16 with 354 viewsWD19

We have a really weak group. This is how some of them will think, if only subconsciously:

Get promoted. Get binned off because you are not good enough for the Championship.
....and have to give up part of your summer holiday worrying about playoffs in the meantime.

Fail to get promoted. Get binned off because you failed.

Meh.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024