Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwich youth players 16:34 - Aug 23 with 2402 viewsHipsterectomy

I was at Ipswich station a few days ago, around 11am, and a middled-aged guy in Norwich coaching gear met two young lads, maybe 15/16, who were in Norwich kits. The coach was telling them what platform they needed to get to go to Norwich.

Is this a new thing? I'm guessing he met them to take them safely for training, or it was a trial...their parents weren't there and they had kit bags with them. Are Ipswich yoofs being snatched up already?

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Norwich youth players on 16:44 - Aug 23 with 2290 viewsEJP

Pre-Covid I’d often see a group of Norwich youth players getting on the 4pm Norwich train at Liverpool Street.
Norwich youth players on 07:31 - Aug 24 with 1454 viewstivo

Yeah sadly seen Norwich players at the station quite often... seems they have their fingers in our pie!
Norwich youth players on 07:44 - Aug 24 with 1395 viewsDeano69

Norwich have had academies and youth pathway sessions in ipswich for some time. Think they even cross over into Essex too.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Norwich youth players on 07:54 - Aug 24 with 1365 viewsel_nino

This is interesting. I live near Cambridge and have 2 kids who play in the local leagues. Norwich and Cambridge seem very active in the youth football scene, Ipswich not so much. Lots of tournaments organised by Norwich and Cambridge, and lots of the kids attend their regional development centres and pre-academies etc. Also heard of some of their scouts at games and see adverts for RDC trials. Always niggles me a bit that Ipswich don’t seem to be casting the net as wide.
Norwich youth players on 08:26 - Aug 24 with 1266 viewsghostofescobar

My nephew has coached within the youth systems for both Norwich and Town (still coaching for one: won't say which in case it get's him recognised!!), and he has said for years that it is appalling how awful Town's youth set up has been in recent times (another thing dismantled by that charlatan Evans). Norwich have been well organised, proactive, attractive, professional, an exciting proposition; Ipswich have been the opposite of that: just above amateur, so many of the better young players from Suffolk have been hoovered up by Norwich for years now. I'm not saying that is all true, just what I've been told by someone who has seen both sides close up.

GhostOfEscobar

Norwich youth players on 08:56 - Aug 24 with 1142 viewsnorth_stand77

Norwich youth players on 08:26 - Aug 24 by ghostofescobar

My nephew has coached within the youth systems for both Norwich and Town (still coaching for one: won't say which in case it get's him recognised!!), and he has said for years that it is appalling how awful Town's youth set up has been in recent times (another thing dismantled by that charlatan Evans). Norwich have been well organised, proactive, attractive, professional, an exciting proposition; Ipswich have been the opposite of that: just above amateur, so many of the better young players from Suffolk have been hoovered up by Norwich for years now. I'm not saying that is all true, just what I've been told by someone who has seen both sides close up.

Agree, I have heard similar from someone who's boy was with Town for about 5 years, but they were very disillusioned by the way the whole set up was run under Evans, and the decline of standards over those years.
What a shame.
Norwich youth players on 09:24 - Aug 24 with 1042 viewsHipsterectomy

Norwich youth players on 07:54 - Aug 24 by el_nino

This is interesting. I live near Cambridge and have 2 kids who play in the local leagues. Norwich and Cambridge seem very active in the youth football scene, Ipswich not so much. Lots of tournaments organised by Norwich and Cambridge, and lots of the kids attend their regional development centres and pre-academies etc. Also heard of some of their scouts at games and see adverts for RDC trials. Always niggles me a bit that Ipswich don’t seem to be casting the net as wide.

Hopefully when we get our arses in gear we can offer similar tournaments. Even just the Suffolk, Essex and East London area. Put on free train tickets for the lads to come if we have to.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024