Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cricket - Caribbean Premier League - Possible fixed match 00:52 - Aug 30 with 1323 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Hard to know what to say here without getting into libel issue for making an accusation.

However, the game was clearly fixed tonight between Guyana Amazon Warriors and St Kitts. I was watching the market as I’d had a decent bet in the game and suddenly between balls, despite nothing happening, the team who were cruising to victory went from 1.2 to 1.4 to 6.0 in the matter of seconds. This happen ended between the bowling aborting his run up for ball 1 in over 15 to him actually releasing the ball 15 seconds later. The liquidity was high on the match but it absolutely exploded. At the time, I said to a mate that something newspaper worthy is happening.

That bowler suddenly started bowling plenty of wides and every bookie in the country suspended the market within 30 seconds of Betfair going 6.0.

Not sure what the point of this thread is other than to watch this space as I (and quite a few on Twitter I’ve seen), am sure this is a match fixing situation that will eventually come out. Shocking to see it live.

The thread below explains it better than I have:

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Cricket - Caribbean Premier League - Possible fixed match on 01:52 - Aug 30 with 1260 viewsIllinoisblue

When you say “decent bet” how much are we talking?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Cricket - Caribbean Premier League - Possible fixed match on 02:24 - Aug 30 with 1242 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Cricket - Caribbean Premier League - Possible fixed match on 01:52 - Aug 30 by Illinoisblue

When you say “decent bet” how much are we talking?

That’s not necessarily the point. Whether I’d bet £1 or £300, the match was still fixed. Which is tough to take whether I bet the winner or loser.

My sadness with this is that amongst a few betting group chats, I’ve become notorious for betting well on this completion every year. The tournament for me is one of my best events with 26 wins from 32 matches last season paying for Christmas for me and a holiday (if we were allowed out). So to then the year after have everyone on a comfortable winner and everyone pleased at the situation to suddenly seeing it go from 1/5 favs to 5/1 to win the match despite nothing happening. And then the team throw the match from there. And combined with the whole or twitter also noticing (just in case I thought I was seeing things).. it’s a sour one to take as a lot of people are unsure now whether we should carry on. I’ve suggested this should be the end of the investment as the integrity has gone from the competition now.

I’d never reveal my stakes as that’s not really relevant but it’s going to be much higher than the average person. I worked out my accounts a few months ago and I was 5 figures in profit which was nice though.

Edit - Ifnoring the financial element here, I’m sad to see one of my favourite betting events of the whole year (obviously it’s not on any level like Cheltenham in March but it’s still something I massively enjoy every august/September) will now (rightly) have its integrity questioned by one of the most blatant fixes in the history of sport. It’s the equivalent of needing a number to come from a random deck of cards.. any number 1-9 and not a picture card. And yet getting 5/1. The maths make no sense. They were being laid for hundreds of thousands at any price up to 5/1 on the favourite of two. It’s just bonkers. Clearly fixed. And the sign from the bowler was presumably to abort his run up as it was that moment that it all kicked off.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2021 2:27]

Cricket - Caribbean Premier League - Possible fixed match on 03:43 - Aug 30 with 1207 viewsIllinoisblue

Cricket - Caribbean Premier League - Possible fixed match on 02:24 - Aug 30 by The_Romford_Blue

That’s not necessarily the point. Whether I’d bet £1 or £300, the match was still fixed. Which is tough to take whether I bet the winner or loser.

My sadness with this is that amongst a few betting group chats, I’ve become notorious for betting well on this completion every year. The tournament for me is one of my best events with 26 wins from 32 matches last season paying for Christmas for me and a holiday (if we were allowed out). So to then the year after have everyone on a comfortable winner and everyone pleased at the situation to suddenly seeing it go from 1/5 favs to 5/1 to win the match despite nothing happening. And then the team throw the match from there. And combined with the whole or twitter also noticing (just in case I thought I was seeing things).. it’s a sour one to take as a lot of people are unsure now whether we should carry on. I’ve suggested this should be the end of the investment as the integrity has gone from the competition now.

I’d never reveal my stakes as that’s not really relevant but it’s going to be much higher than the average person. I worked out my accounts a few months ago and I was 5 figures in profit which was nice though.

Edit - Ifnoring the financial element here, I’m sad to see one of my favourite betting events of the whole year (obviously it’s not on any level like Cheltenham in March but it’s still something I massively enjoy every august/September) will now (rightly) have its integrity questioned by one of the most blatant fixes in the history of sport. It’s the equivalent of needing a number to come from a random deck of cards.. any number 1-9 and not a picture card. And yet getting 5/1. The maths make no sense. They were being laid for hundreds of thousands at any price up to 5/1 on the favourite of two. It’s just bonkers. Clearly fixed. And the sign from the bowler was presumably to abort his run up as it was that moment that it all kicked off.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2021 2:27]

I’d assumed from your in depth betting experience that it wasn’t just a couple of quid you were risking . Just curious is all. I have a lot of respect for anyone who can find the time to take on the bookies and make decent coin from it.

Sounds like some pretty blatant cheating going on. Any official word yet from either the league or bookies?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Cricket - Caribbean Premier League - Possible fixed match on 04:05 - Aug 30 with 1200 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Cricket - Caribbean Premier League - Possible fixed match on 03:43 - Aug 30 by Illinoisblue

I’d assumed from your in depth betting experience that it wasn’t just a couple of quid you were risking . Just curious is all. I have a lot of respect for anyone who can find the time to take on the bookies and make decent coin from it.

Sounds like some pretty blatant cheating going on. Any official word yet from either the league or bookies?

Yeah it’s more than a couple of quid. Low three figures. Apologies if I was a bit defensive on the last reply. Hard to gauge the mood on any gambling threads on here from experience.

I take the ups with the downs. Had a quite incredible cheltneham a couple of years ago and made very close to 10k across the week, majority of that being bets placed months in advance. The whole week in the hotel with my mate and me at the track each day was just the best experience. Cannot wait to be back in March. The downs being this year’s Cheltenham watching my big bet at 41/1 antepost double go down in leg 2 when the horse (1/3 fav as well) fell at the third. Tough watching a few thousands pound hit the deck in a race he was expected to win. Worse being in my betting group chat with everyone wanting him for big money. Cost a mate or mine 38k.

As long as people bet what they can afford, it’s their life is my philosophy. Be strict, have limits and keep to a points system to maximise profits. There’s a reason less than 2% of us are making a profit from betting, let alone enough for it to be worthwhile (as in more than just fun accumulators or whatever).

As for the cricket, no word as of yet from the league. As the issue was on Betfair exchange, they’ll know it was big money (as the graph showed on the twitter post in the OP). I contacted them wanting to speak to someone senior and was told as it was late, to speak to them tomorrow. I don’t expect my money back but I want it known to be being investigated. The other bookmakers suspending the market instantly makes them surely aware too. The whole of cricket gambling twitter have been speaking about it since it happened so I’d expect some sort of response will occur tomorrow on some level. It’s the most blatant act of fixing ever seen. At a generous push, they were at the very very very most a 4/5 shot (1.8) at the time of it going crazy. But 5/1 is just too obvious. It’s so far wrong that it gave the game away. The general vibe is that this is a 7 figure fixing operation here and that bowler Nial Smith was involved on some level. Just because of it happening as soon as he randomly aborted his runup and then bowled a number of wide balls down the leg side in his over. This being seconds after the random market move that made no sense.

I never ever call fix because it’s 99.9 just unfortunate circumstances. But this was not one of those times and is absolutely a horrible day for world cricket in one of the biggest competitions in the world.

Cricket - Caribbean Premier League - Possible fixed match on 10:32 - Aug 30 with 960 viewsclive_baker

Hard to know what to say here without getting into libel issue for making an accusation.

However, the game was clearly fixed tonight

LOL

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Cricket - Caribbean Premier League - Possible fixed match on 21:29 - Aug 30 with 803 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

ACU investigating Pooran, Smith and Naveen into possible match fixing.

Told ya.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024