Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Seems entirely accurate 08:00 - Oct 10 with 617 viewsEdwardF

Attention-seeking behavior in adults includes saying or doing something with the goal of getting the attention of a person or a group of people.

Examples of this behavior include:

fishing for compliments by pointing out achievements and seeking validation
being controversial to provoke a reaction
exaggerating and embellishing stories to gain praise or sympathy
pretending to be unable to do something so someone will teach, help, or watch the attempt to do it

Thus the greater the level of the attention, the more satisfied the attention seeker becomes as the 'need' for attention is being met.
Depriving attention seekers of the attention they crave (usually) leads to ever more extreme attention seeking actions.

Poll: Hypothetically who would you prefer as your main striker:

Seems entirely accurate on 08:20 - Oct 10 with 553 viewsHerbivore

You could make a case that your OP meets the definition, seems intended to get a rise/response from someone.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Seems entirely accurate on 09:47 - Oct 10 with 470 viewsMerseyBlue

I had the misfortune of reading one of his ever-increasing idiotic posts this morning for the first time in a while. I had been logged out of the site so everybody who I have set to ignore appeared in all their glory.

I think he's an embarrassment of a supporter, and too many people defend his right to be an obnoxious and insulting stain on this fanbase. Just stick him on ignore everybody, the forum is significantly better without him on it. If anyone disagrees, then feel free to stick me on ignore as that will probably help both of us as well.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Seems entirely accurate on 10:08 - Oct 10 with 427 viewsButterbing

I have just the one person on ignore so this post confused me. Logged out just to check and, lo and behold, the post now makes sense. I agree with the above sentiment that putting the blubbing troll on ignore significantly improves this site.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024