Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bonne? In the goal first half 12:41 - Oct 10 with 1609 viewsandytown

Apologies if this has already been asked elsewhere on here, first half yesterday we had a free kick out wide on our right. I was in NS upper and there was an Ipswich player (Bonne?) behind the goalkeeper and across the goal line.
When the free kick was taken he emerged into the penalty area and challenged for a header. Burns eventually hit the side netting.
My question is how does the offside law come into play here? I don’t think any flag went up at the time.
Thanks
[Post edited 10 Oct 2021 12:41]
Bonne? In the goal first half on 12:44 - Oct 10 with 1557 viewsIllinoisblue

Think it was Chaplin.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Bonne? In the goal first half on 13:29 - Oct 10 with 1469 viewsWickets

Bonne? In the goal first half on 12:44 - Oct 10 by Illinoisblue

Think it was Chaplin.

Yes it was Chaplin and i seem to remember he got on side just before the corner was taken . If he was offside in the first place ??
Bonne? In the goal first half on 13:36 - Oct 10 with 1425 viewsZXBlue

Cant be offside from a corner.

Though leaving the pitch without permission is of course an issue. Ref had a word at one point I think.
Bonne? In the goal first half on 13:44 - Oct 10 with 1395 viewsWickets

Bonne? In the goal first half on 13:36 - Oct 10 by ZXBlue

Though leaving the pitch without permission is of course an issue. Ref had a word at one point I think.

Yes of course not but i think the worry would be if a player doing what Chaplin was doing ie. trying to upset/hinder their keeper he then could be judged offside if a header comes in from the corner . I was just trying to point out that Conner made sure he was out of the way before that could happen .
Bonne? In the goal first half on 15:04 - Oct 10 with 1254 viewsandytown

Bonne? In the goal first half on 13:44 - Oct 10 by Wickets

Yes of course not but i think the worry would be if a player doing what Chaplin was doing ie. trying to upset/hinder their keeper he then could be judged offside if a header comes in from the corner . I was just trying to point out that Conner made sure he was out of the way before that could happen .

It was a free kick, not a corner
Bonne? In the goal first half on 15:11 - Oct 10 with 1233 viewsbackwaywhen

Bonne? In the goal first half on 13:36 - Oct 10 by ZXBlue

Ref did come over and told Chaplin to enter pitch area , he did so by standing on the line beside keeper , then swiftly move out before our kick !
Bonne? In the goal first half on 09:15 - Oct 12 with 807 viewsWickets

Bonne? In the goal first half on 15:04 - Oct 10 by andytown

It was a free kick, not a corner

Yes it was i had forgotten that .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024