Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlton watch 20:40 - Dec 3 with 755 viewsKeaneish

Anyone else scouting Charlton tonight? On the first half showing they’re not up too much - easily exposed in the full back areas or with deep runs from midfield.

Dobson’s their playmaker who sits deep and looks for long balls into the wingbacks Jaiyesmi and Purrington but offers little other than that. Jaiyesemi their biggest threat so our fall-back selection will be interesting. He looks more physical than what he have in response. The game will be won and lost here in my opinion. Does Cook stick with Clement and Donacien to sit deeper to nullify the balls out to them or will he opt with KVY and Penney for more attacking threat to pin their wing-backs back and stretch that ropey back three?

Edmundson is better than Stockley and will have him in his pocket as long as Toto keeps to his side of the bargain.

Nothing to fear at The Valley.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Charlton watch on 20:45 - Dec 3 with 700 viewsWD19

Always tricky to read too much into a changed side, but yes, they certainly look like they can be got at. Burns would have a field day against them on tonight’s showing……but I assume he is still out (?)
Charlton watch on 20:54 - Dec 3 with 643 viewsKeaneish

Charlton watch on 20:45 - Dec 3 by WD19

Always tricky to read too much into a changed side, but yes, they certainly look like they can be got at. Burns would have a field day against them on tonight’s showing……but I assume he is still out (?)

Yeah I believe so, which is a shame - that system is tailor made for him to run riot. That back three look very poor based on that half. Other than a couple on squad rotation, that’s pretty much Charlton’s first team. Gilbey and Lee have been largely absent in that midfield, Gilbey especially.

I think the only other area we’ll come unstuck is if we don’t get bodies around Bonne. Other than that, if we play to our ability, we win comfortably. Man for man we’re better all over the pitch (season long mistakes aside!)

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024